Can Crosby or Fehr score 50 in 50??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
I always thought 50 in 50 was only good for scoring 50 goals in your teams first 50 games.......if it wasn't Cam Neely would be one of the the best ever...didn't he scored like 50 goals in his first 41 games of the season...

Rimouski's played 56 I think

Greenback

Feb 2, 2005
MB.CA
CrossCheck said:
That's probably why he netted 6 in 6 at the world juniors!!! Caus the world doesn't know how to play defense either!

And I'm sure that it had nothing to do with playing on one of the most powerful teams ever to enter the tournament and being teamed up with a bonafide NHLer in Bergeron.

While this is a rare feat in junior, it is still junior and kids seem to regularly come in and show that they are head and shoulders above the rest of the talent in the league. This just happens to be one of the more extreme cases.

Special in junior != NHL sensation.

Greenback

Feb 2, 2005
MB.CA
The 50 in 50 is from the start of the year. Neely wasn't given credit when he did it in 44 games (I think).

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
Man, you people..... if Crosby was from out west, you'd all be singing his praises and claiming he was gonna be better than Gretzky.

But since he's playing in the Q... well, it must just be that it's a weak league.... of course.....

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Unbiased Canadian said:
I always thought 50 in 50 was only good for scoring 50 goals in your teams first 50 games.......if it wasn't Cam Neely would be one of the the best ever...didn't he scored like 50 goals in his first 41 games of the season...

Rimouski's played 56 I think
Cam Neely couldn't tie Sidney Crosby's skates. :D Is that beer chilled yet?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Greenback said:
The 50 in 50 is from the start of the year. Neely wasn't given credit when he did it in 44 games (I think).

Who cares if it's acknowledged or not. We all know the player did it in 50 games.

Greenback

Feb 2, 2005
MB.CA
E = CH² said:
Who cares if it's acknowledged or not. We all know the player did it in 50 games.
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just saying that it is not recognized as an equivilant feat with Gretzky, Bossy, Richard, and any others that I missed.

Vic Rattlehead*

pei fan said:
Cam Neely couldn't tie Sidney Crosby's skates. :D Is that beer chilled yet?

Neely would beat the living snot out of Crosby.

bruins4777*

19bruins19 said:
Neely would beat the living snot out of Crosby.

Then make the rest of the team look like a fool by either bowling over them, carrying them on his back or whatever, then blasting one past the goalie.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Thornton97 said:
then just for good measure, he'd lift up some of those people he bowled over, and he'd drive their heads into the boards. Don't PO #8 folks.
Drive their heads THROUGH the boards, then rip their hearts out and eat them while they're still beating! :joker:

:shakehead

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
and to add to the mystique, Neely scored 50 in 44 while partially crippled! Who knows, maybe he would've scored 90 that year if he had been healthy. The first and best "power foward" of the modern era. And btw Crosby WILL get 50 in 50.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Forsberg4ever said:
and to add to the mystique, Neely scored 50 in 44 while partially crippled! Who knows, maybe he would've scored 90 that year if he had been healthy. The first and best "power foward" of the modern era. And btw Crosby WILL get 50 in 50.

Right on all counts.

The post stating Neely could not tie the skates of a kid who has yet to do much of anything outside of league play at the CHL level is stupid.

But Crosby is on a mission now...and will not only get to 50 in 50, but maybe in 49 or maybe score 52 or whatever.

What that translates into over the next decade is anyone's guess right now.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
It sucks to have missed Lemeuix, Gretzky, Orr, etc all in their primes

I remember watching hockey from the mid 90's and onwards but by then those times had mostly passed.

That's one of the reasons why i hope Crosby lives up to expectations.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Philip J. Fry said:
And it was a natural hat-trick. By the way, Crosby has a better assists per game ratio than the second highest scoring player in his team has in points. Plus he's averaging one goal per game. And he's been held pointless in only one game this season!

I can't beleive there's people bashing this guy. He's really awesome.

Not to take anything away from Crosby, but his assists/game ratio isn't really that much better than Stanislav Lascek's. Crosby has 1,5 a/game, Lascek has 1,41 a/game. It's just that Lascek has been out with injuries 9 more games than Crosby. If both had played 48 games, that would equal a difference of 4 assist.

heygarebear

Blues
Feb 28, 2002
STL - Nashville
Tb0ne said:
It sucks to have missed Lemeuix, Gretzky, Orr, etc all in their primes

I remember watching hockey from the mid 90's and onwards but by then those times had mostly passed.

That's one of the reasons why i hope Crosby lives up to expectations.
same... I'm only 19, and I can only see these guys from the montages they've made here.. old classics... or DVD's... I too hope that Crosby lives up to expectations..

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
BleedBlue44 said:
same... I'm only 19, and I can only see these guys from the montages they've made here.. old classics... or DVD's... I too hope that Crosby lives up to expectations..

Well he seems on his way.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
CROSBY Held Pointless on national TV.

Just figured I should mention it....everyone talks great about him when he plays well. Get's held pointless, plays a ton late in the game....and no one says a thing....hmmmm....

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Unbiased Canadian said:
CROSBY Held Pointless on national TV.

Just figured I should mention it....everyone talks great about him when he plays well. Get's held pointless, plays a ton late in the game....and no one says a thing....hmmmm....
His team won.....

KOVALEV10*

Anyone know how many goals and points the guy has so far this season?

PDO

Jan 12, 2005
Edmonton
Jason MacIsaac said:
His team won.....

Didn't you hear, if you have one bad game offensively even though you've only been held pointless ONE OTHER GAME all year you're bad now, and don't warrant to be talked about any more :dunno: .

Watch him explode next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->