Can Alexie Kaigorodov contribute in the NHL next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I hear all this talk about Evgeni Malkin being able to come into the NHL and contribute as a solid second line player, yet Sens fans seem to have doubts about Alexie Kaigorodov being able to do the same. I'm not comparing their potential by any means, but I'm just wondering right now, can Kaigorodov contribute in the NHL for the Sens? I didn't see him play the last year, but look at his numbers in the RSL compared to Malkin, who was on the same team.

Kaigorodov: 57 games played, 15 goals, 33 assists, 48 points, second in RSL in scoring overall.

Malkin: 52 games played, 12 goals, 20 assists, 32 points.

Can Kaigorodov contribute at the NHL level next season?

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Hard to say considering he is not so physical player (though I thought the same about Zherdev and he seems adapted very well). A lot will depend from what role he can receive. I guess top 2 line center is what he would want. He received a leading role last year in Metallurg and he used his chance very well and produced on a very nice pace. He is a great skater, very slick, smooth and great passer too. IMO, he can be valuable for any team, especially considering some possible changes in NHL.

Here few clips in archive: http://rapidshare.de/files/3384084/kaigorodov.zip.html

Though I think he needs to spend another year in Russia, to solidify as a leader and to learn some physical part of the game, which a new Metallurg coach (Dave King) wants to propagandize and to make a special accent on.

Last edited:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Exciting player. I'm a big fan of his and I don't think that he will bust in the NHL. He's not physical, yes, but he's very smart and very good skater. Excellent playmaker but also an underrated goalscorer. Hard worker. Could be the next Pavel Datsyuk IMO. Good, solid player.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Archijerej said:
Exciting player. I'm a big fan of his and I don't think that he will bust in the NHL. He's not physical, yes, but he's very smart and very good skater. Excellent playmaker but also an underrated goalscorer. Hard worker. Could be the next Pavel Datsyuk IMO. Good, solid player.

Yeah a good comparison ! I would say hes stickhandling ability is not as good but Kaigorodov is stronger on hes skates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->