GDT: Cam Ward straight up gets an Orange Julius from Columbus

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
with the cam ward lovefest in town, darling was precipitously close to losing his grasp on the starting job. this was an answer and we need to see this version of him more.

as an aside, damn josh anderson is a hell of a player for columbus. he's got some similarities to chris kreider in size, skating, and general disposition.

Yeah, for reals. I assumed Cam would be getting the start (hence the thread title), but glad it wasnt Darling who got his butt peed in.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
slavin had one pass where he turned it over and lead to 1 or 2 scoring chances against. Otherwise he was fantastic.

hanifin had 3 screw ups, including the goal against, otherwise he was fantastic

what a game from darling. I'd guess ward gets anniversery game in toronto.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
wait what they are talking about Porzingod? Why?

Forslund mentions Hornets next Fox Sports telecast is against the Knicks (Hornets do the same thing w/ the Canes on their broadcasts, guess it's a contract thing to mention the other team), and Forslund randomly says "This Portzingis guy is my new favorite player, I don't know who he is"

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Forslund mentions Hornets next Fox Sports telecast is against the Knicks (Hornets do the same thing w/ the Canes on their broadcasts, guess it's a contract thing to mention the other team), and Forslund randomly says "This Portzingis guy is my new favorite player, I don't know who he is"
thank you!
I think Knicks will win that one, if Porzingis can play.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
thank you!
I think Knicks will win that one, if Porzingis can play.

Probably will. Hornets are terrible this season, rumors that they might be looking to ship Kemba Walker out.

For all the griping we do about our own team (and rightfully so), the Hornets are an absolute mess and have been since they traded Alonzo Mourning way back in 1995. This current franchise is no better. They have a few more recent playoff appearances thanks to the East being a joke of a conference, but never get out of Round 1 anyways. And even if they did, LeBron would make quick work of them.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Probably will. Hornets are terrible this season, rumors that they might be looking to ship Kemba Walker out.

For all the griping we do about our own team (and rightfully so), the Hornets are an absolute mess and have been since they traded Alonzo Mourning way back in 1995. This current franchise is no better. They have a few more recent playoff appearances thanks to the East being a joke of a conference, but never get out of Round 1 anyways.
NBA as a whole is joke. There are only like 3 or 4 teams who have actually chance to win championship. More realistically two teams - Warriors and Cavs.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
This division is crazy. The Canes will likely be in last place by the end of the night, despite being on pace for a ~90 point season.

And why playoffs are really a long shot. I never really believed it was gonna happen this season though. Still totally possible, but when you look at the body of work so far it's just not likely.

I'm still excited about the direction of the team though. I think they're close. Just not quite there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad