cam neely....finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
neg marron said:
finally the ultimate workhorse powerforward is in the hhof what took the braintrust at the hhof so long

neely was like a combination of chris nilan and messier

Congrats to Neely, well deserved. Sadly, Glen Anderson's repeated ommissions make this particular awards body one whose credibility has diminished greatly in this poster's opinion....

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Cam Neely should NOT have been even in consideration for this! He wasn't good enough long enough to warrent this award! NOT EVEN CLOSE! He didn't score even 400 goals in his career, which is at least 100 below the standard. He wasn't a leader, he didn't win a Stanley Cup, he didn't do much of anything for 7 of the 11 seasons he played. A nice player, yes, but a HOFer? No CHANCE!!!!!

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
jiggs 10 said:
Cam Neely should NOT have been even in consideration for this! He wasn't good enough long enough to warrent this award! NOT EVEN CLOSE! He didn't score even 400 goals in his career, which is at least 100 below the standard. He wasn't a leader, he didn't win a Stanley Cup, he didn't do much of anything for 7 of the 11 seasons he played. A nice player, yes, but a HOFer? No CHANCE!!!!!

I agree with you completely! As much as Neely is loved, he has no business being in the Hall...it's just his popularity that got him there...now it opens the door for 3rd tiered guys like Wendel Clarke for instance, whose career I consider very comparable to Neely's....what a SHAME!!!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
David said:
I agree with you completely! As much as Neely is loved, he has no business being in the Hall...it's just his popularity that got him there...now it opens the door for 3rd tiered guys like Wendel Clarke for instance, whose career I consider very comparable to Neely's....what a SHAME!!!

3rd tier guys are already in anyways.

If Cam Neely is in, Tim Kerr and Glenn Anderson should be as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad