Calling ALL United State Hockey Fans with Center Ice (and Everyone else for help!)

bling

Jun 23, 2004
I've read through this entire thread and from what I've gathered, if the US were to meet Canada in the semi finals, the game would be on Centre Ice? I'm currently vacationing in the United States and would like to know if I'll be able to watch that game and/or the gold medal game if Canada's involved in it. Can anyone confirm this:dunno:
Yes, that is pretty much the only scenario that would allow you to see a game in the US. If Canada and USA meet in the semi's then you can watch it providing you are in a place that has Center Ice.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?fid=4124

bling

Jun 23, 2004
What state are you in? If you are in the south, good luck either way.

Center Ice is available all over the US. I realize it entertains certain people to propogate the myth that only northern states have any interest in hockey but it simply is not true.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
I dont see the USA-Finland game on 1/2 showing up anywhere on DirecTv's menu guide as of Monday night.

No, that game will not be shown in the US or in Canada. It is in the opposite venue as team Canada is playing and obviously TSN is going to broadcast the Team Canada game.

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
Center Ice is available all over the US. I realize it entertains certain people to propogate the myth that only northern states have any interest in hockey but it simply is not true.

See, his response about the bars not carrying center ice is what I meant, here in Minnesota there are a ton of bars who have paid for the package, most southern states dont. I am sure it can be found, but its alot tougher.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The game will be on Center Ice. It is currently listed on the lineup

NCSENSFAN

Sep 2, 2005
Direct TV does not have it listed either. If TSN is not showing the game then it will not be on CI today.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Which game? Dish network has nothing listed for today.

Actually, it doesn't say which game it just says "World Jr Champ Quarterfinal" I have Comcast Digital Cable

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
Dish network now lists it on channel 541, I dont know what feed they will get though....

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
I'm in Florida... I'm not sure if that has any relevance but none of the bars I've asked so far have said they had Centre Ice
Too late now probably, but if you were a little more specific in your location someone from Florida might have been able to help you out.

I'm seeing the same listing as GKJ, only on Brighthouse (Time Warner) Digital Cable.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Center Ice merely grabs an existing signal, the way it does with NHL games. When neither the home nor the visiting teams, nor a national carrier is covering a game, Center Ice isn't going to have it. There isn't a Center Ice crew roaming the US and Canada to fill in the gaps.

Same for the WJCs. Center Ice picks up select game broadcasts, meaning the TSN feed, but if there isn't one, there isn't a lot Center Ice can do. TSN, unfortunately, isn't covering the US game because it's being played at the opposing venue to where Canada's game will be played. They're covering the Sweden-Czech game, for the simple reason that the TSN HD crew is there. That is the game Center Ice will show today. Shrug. It happens.

NCSENSFAN

Sep 2, 2005
^ With your reasoning there you give me a glimmer of hope that if Fin wins or if Canada makes the final that CI might pick up those games as well.

I am sure those hopes will be crushed tomorrow.:banghead:

dank

Jan 11, 2006
NYC
yea, i was excited. sat down to watch the game, and pow.. bastiches.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Damn, that was a shame, though consistent with what they've done before, unfortunately. On the plus side, I've got three hours of Center Ice menu screen on the DVR now... nuts.

Why they think there would be no interest in the other games is beyond me. Any NHL fans in the US obsessed enough to watch juniors tourneys are going to lap up whatever teams are on, be it games involving the US squad or otherwise. It's about up and coming prospects, of whatever nationality, particularly those drafted by the NHL teams for which US fans cheer. Center Ice subscribers in the US are by definition coocoo for cocoa puffs over this stuff, by definition interested in all kinds of hockey, whether it's their local teams or not.

Oh well. They will definitely have tomorrow's Canada-US semi, since it's involving the US, but it would have been nice if the Russia-Sweden game were also covered.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
SEE EMAIL BELOW FROM THE INTELLIGENT FOLKS WHO RUN CENTER ICE...CENTER ICE WILL NOT BE SHOWING THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME CANADA VS RUSSIA ON FRIDAY....WHAT A COMPLETE JOKE

[email protected]
to me

show details
8:43 am (26 minutes ago)

Thank you for your feed back. No Canada vs. Russia will not be included in the Center Ice Package on Friday. We only hold the rights to US games televised on TSN. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad