Rumor: Calle Andersson leaves for N. America

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Had no idea but Calle Andersson leaves unexpectedly for North American; Diaz considering return to Swiss league. Any chance that means Mcilrath is expected to play this season. Why the sudden change if that's the case why not wait until preseason is over to decide who plays and who doesn't.

Gathered this info from http://snyrangersblog.com and guessed The Undertaker would be playing before Calle. Idk take it for what it's worth that's why the prefix says RUMOR

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Had no idea but Calle Andersson leaves unexpectedly for North American; Diaz considering return to Swiss league. Any chance that means Mcilrath is expected to play this season. Why the sudden change if that's the case why not wait until preseason is over to decide who plays and who doesn't.

Gathered this info from http://snyrangersblog.com and guessed The Undertaker would be playing before Calle. Idk take it for what it's worth that's why the prefix says RUMOR

Diaz could be buried with no cap penalty to the Rangers. If the Rangers hang on to Klein and McIlrath makes the team--the options for Diaz in North America would be another NHL team other than the Rangers or the Hartford Wolfpack. Keeping that in mind he might well prefer going home to Switzerland--that might be a better option for him and/or the Rangers. Something like this happened to Matt Lombardi last year. It's entirely within the realm of possibility.

As far as Andersson I'm figuring he'll be in Hartford--maybe or maybe not in the top 4 but playing fairly regularly anyway.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I think Anderson will surprise the most out of everybody. A couple of good hockey people I know in Europe spoke highly of him as a real deal prospect in terms of athletic ability and puck skills a couple of years back.

I think the Rangers will play him minutes in HFD, all of the other RHD down there have bleak NHL futures. Special shout out to Tommy Hughes, if he could skate, he'd be in the NHL.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think Anderson will surprise the most out of everybody. A couple of good hockey people I know in Europe spoke highly of him as a real deal prospect in terms of athletic ability and puck skills a couple of years back.

I think the Rangers will play him minutes in HFD, all of the other RHD down there have bleak NHL futures. Special shout out to Tommy Hughes, if he could skate, he'd be in the NHL.

Time will tell, but I'm somewhat skeptical. A lot of people definitely did talk up his skill a few years ago, but unfortunately, he hasn't done a whole lot of progressing since then. I mean you go back four years and he was compared favorably to Lindholm. Until he starts to put it together, though, I worry that he's just gonna be a guy with a lot of tools but no tool box.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
andersson was always coming over this season. i saw an interview after traverse with cerny where he said that.

my guess is hell get big minutes initially in hartford. he's very offensive. he can skate and is a very good passer. in fact, hell be the best passer in hartford from the blue line. he should play alot of pp and get a shot at being a puck mover for them. solid shot with some power behind it. offensive guy for sure.

hes a bit scrambly and not physical. defensively he isn't nhl calibre yet but hell get a good look see in hartford.

i always liked him and I'm still puzzled as to why he did not develop much the last few years. you would think with his skill set on the blue line he would be a guy on our radar and yet he hasn't done much to impress so far.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
No news, not sure if he will stay in NA after camp though. Probably depends on how he does and if they think he can have a bit bigger role in the AHL. If they feel that he will be a 3rd pairing D in the AHL, it's probably best he plays another year in the Europe.

He is a decent prospect, but still raw.

Odc- He couldn't have impressed more than he did last year. ;) The year before that was a real downer though...

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
he played for his dad last year i think correct ?

overall, his year over year trend, until last year, was flat at best.

I'm rooting for him. always liked his game.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Time will tell, but I'm somewhat skeptical. A lot of people definitely did talk up his skill a few years ago, but unfortunately, he hasn't done a whole lot of progressing since then. I mean you go back four years and he was compared favorably to Lindholm. Until he starts to put it together, though, I worry that he's just gonna be a guy with a lot of tools but no tool box.

Yeah I haven't seen enough of him to say whether he's got that toolbox or not, but that does sound like the case so far. Maybe he's one of those guys that learns through more experience and coaching. Worked out that way for Johnny Boychuk who cooked for 7 years before making the show.

Not saying he's that type of player, but maybe that's the development curve. HFD did very well with McIlrath last year, and if they turn Andersson and Skjei into mistake free players, then you have a farm that's producing.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
he played for his dad last year i think correct ?

overall, his year over year trend, until last year, was flat at best.

I'm rooting for him. always liked his game.

He started with Zug but struggled with only a few points in 18 games. The he moved to Lugano where his dad is AC and he had 17 points in 30 games. Tale of two seasons, if you will.

donpaulo

Capt Barry Beck
May 19, 2003
nihon
www.billcorfield.com
Regarding Diaz, I think its a good position for him to be in that NY is a top team expected to go deep into the playoffs if not the finals.

After watching Staal, Klein and McD all go down with injury, Diaz will get some serious ice time when all is said and done.

As far as Andersson goes, I agree with the sentiment and wish him well. Both he and Skjei scratch an itch for NY. Top 4 minutes in the AHL should give the kid a proper test of his skill level and better inform the team brass of his ability to transition to the North American game.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Regarding Diaz, I think its a good position for him to be in that NY is a top team expected to go deep into the playoffs if not the finals.

After watching Staal, Klein and McD all go down with injury, Diaz will get some serious ice time when all is said and done.

As far as Andersson goes, I agree with the sentiment and wish him well. Both he and Skjei scratch an itch for NY. Top 4 minutes in the AHL should give the kid a proper test of his skill level and better inform the team brass of his ability to transition to the North American game.

Andersson is definitely NOT guaranteed top 4 minutes in the AHL. He may not even make the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad