Call of Duty: WWII

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Is the new winter map for all game modes or just War?

Also - do we know if they will be doing more free DLCs like this throughout the year?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I have a question regarding guns.

Under each gun, there are a bunch of special locked guns. For example, I use the STG44. Locked under that is the Red Baron, Haywire II, Shingles, etc. How do I unlock these?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

Under each gun, there are a bunch of special locked guns. For example, I use the STG44. Locked under that is the Red Baron, Haywire II, Shingles, etc. How do I unlock these?

In supply drops or you can use your credits towards them from the Quartermaster in HQ. I don't think they are all available from the Quartermaster though. Some may just be in drops.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

In supply drops or you can use your credits towards them from the Quartermaster in HQ. I don't think they are all available from the Quartermaster though. Some may just be in drops.

They come from drops as well as armory credits. I’m at Prestige 1 Level 55 (not going to Prestige 2 yet) and I’ve unlocked all but 5 or six of them.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Good games last night Dolemite. Too bad we couldn't win to save our lives.

Almost Impossible to win on cod even half the time without 4 or more (3 if your really good). The cod team balancing is pretty terrible

In bo3 it’s rare I wasn’t top 3 in points and my win loss was like. 30% wins solo

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Good games last night Dolemite. Too bad we couldn't win to save our lives.

That was a lot of fun last night. I was trying to level up my mg42 so I couldn’t do too well overall. But when I was doing good I seem to piss off the other team when I shut them down and they send 3+ people after me. Lol.

Just now I had a 21 and 1 halftime score on Gustav keeping the team from hitting the middle elevated cap then they ALL ganged up on me the second round with little success. We came back from 40 down to win by 20. Lol

And just now went 25-0 on aachen with a scoped Bren.

Last edited:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
That was a lot of fun last night. I was trying to level up my mg42 so I couldn’t do too well overall. But when I was doing good I seem to piss off the other team when I shut them down and they send 3+ people after me. Lol.

Just now I had a 21 and 1 halftime score on Gustav keeping the team from hitting the middle elevated cap and just now went 25-0 on aachen with a scoped Bren.

Hee hee.

Reactions: Bruce Joker

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Finally bought and I have been pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable this game is. I love boots being back on the ground. I'm a level 34 and the only gripe I have is that most of the guns so far are not very good. The STG44 with rapid fire and high caliber has ben the only gun that I have really enjoyed so far. I have more to unlock obviously but does anyone have good set ups that I should try?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Finally bought and I have been pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable this game is. I love boots being back on the ground. I'm a level 34 and the only gripe I have is that most of the guns so far are not very good. The STG44 with rapid fire and high caliber has ben the only gun that I have really enjoyed so far. I have more to unlock obviously but does anyone have good set ups that I should try?

I am an AR user so if that's your jam I find this setup gives headshots galore:

Infantry division w/ Primed basic training

BAR (you won't get this until LVL 52)
Reflex Sight
Advanced Rifling
High Calibre
Rapid Fire

Personally I don't bother with Steady Aim or Quickdraw in this game as I don't find them as useful as the past. If you are comfortable with the iron sights you could swap the Reflex for Extended Mags.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I am an AR user so if that's your jam I find this setup gives headshots galore:

Infantry division w/ Primed basic training

BAR (you won't get this until LVL 52)
Reflex Sight
Advanced Rifling
High Calibre
Rapid Fire

Personally I don't bother with Steady Aim or Quickdraw in this game as I don't find them as useful as the past. If you are comfortable with the iron sights you could swap the Reflex for Extended Mags.

I first started with the Expeditionary division and prestiged the shotgun and Shovel right off the bat. I even use the basic training option that gave me two different shotguns. Man that’s fun.

Right now I’m using:

Mountain division with a scoped Bren (extra ammo and scope) with Ordiance or concussed, two bouncing Betty’s and an ice pick. This one allows me to sneak around and flank enemies and snipe em from behind. I use the bouncing Betty to prevent enemies sneaking up behind me. This is what I used to go 25-0 on Aachen domiination.

Expeditionary with a max prestiged Shotgun, ice pick and the concussed bt (four grenades - 2 concussion and 2 bouncing Betty’s).

A mini mg 42 (Prestige 1) with extra ammo and the 4x scope, Mountain Division, ordinance, pick ax and a bouncing Betty.

Mini STG44 (max prestiged it and unlocked a bunch of othern stg44 rifles), scope and max damage, Mountain or infantry, ordinance, pic ax, and a bouncing Betty.

I swap out sniper rifles with smgs in my other division slots as I’m working on prestiging them.

Play around with the basic trainings, weapon n options and division level bonuses, they’re fun to use if you know how to leverage them. Picking up your bouncing Betty after it’s been blown up is an awesome thing.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Heads up - Apparently the Bouncing Betty has been nerfed a bit.

Well that explains why it was so unreliable last night. Got maybe 5 kills out of a dozen times it was stepped on. It was fine the way it was before. I think the problem with it is visibility which makes them practically unavoidable.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Well that explains why it was so unreliable last night. Got maybe 5 kills out of a dozen times it was stepped on. It was fine the way it was before. I think the problem with it is visibility which makes them practically unavoidable.

One of the problems I noticed is that they exponentially extended the time it takes for the B.B. to arm.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
GG Dolemite. I was getting a bit pissed off on the one map we were getting trashed lol. Can't remember if you were on my team for that one or not.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
GG Dolemite. I was getting a bit pissed off on the one map we were getting trashed lol. Can't remember if you were on my team for that one or not.

That was a lot of fun tonight. We were alblento turn that game around in the second half when the team got sloppy.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I got the game on launch day, and I'm P1 Lv49. I find this game extremely enjoyable, probably my favourite COD so far. The last few were pretty awful so this one was a nice change.

My favourite class set up is:

Infantry division
Lookout basic training

BAR w/ advanced rifling, grip, extended mag

Everything is set up exactly to how I want. I enjoy the extra mini-map coverage as I'm always keeping an eye on it. I have a pretty decent reflex so the knife on Infantry is great for stabbing in close for me.

Sainte Marie Du Mont and Gustav Cannon are a lot of fun if you can get control of the house/cannon. USS Texas was my least favourite at first, but I've grown to love it (well, except the snipers lined up at the back, but I have a good strategy for them). Ardennes Forest is probably my favourite map, especially on domination.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I got the game on launch day, and I'm P1 Lv49. I find this game extremely enjoyable, probably my favourite COD so far. The last few were pretty awful so this one was a nice change.

My favourite class set up is:

Infantry division
Lookout basic training

BAR w/ advanced rifling, grip, extended mag

Everything is set up exactly to how I want. I enjoy the extra mini-map coverage as I'm always keeping an eye on it. I have a pretty decent reflex so the knife on Infantry is great for stabbing in close for me.

Sainte Marie Du Mont and Gustav Cannon are a lot of fun if you can get control of the house/cannon. USS Texas was my least favourite at first, but I've grown to love it (well, except the snipers lined up at the back, but I have a good strategy for them). Ardennes Forest is probably my favourite map, especially on domination.

One of my favorite things on USS Texas is to flank the enemy, sneak behind the snipers and not only take them out with a pick ax but place bouncing Betty’s where they stood for when they come back. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad