Call of Duty Black Ops 4 (2018)

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Might end up getting it if reviews are good...not many of the recent cod games have looked good

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
This announcement is really early. Usually we don't hear about anything until mid-late April and then releasing a month earlier on top of that.

They said forget what you know, so I'm kinda curious with what they have in store.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Treyarch usually never disappoints. I am going to buy this game unless there’s something big that changes the game and I’m unsure about it.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Loved BO I and II. Hated III.

I wonder how this one will tie in with the past three installments.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
What's wrong with Kotaku. They're not nearly as bad as they used to be, and the Gawker media empire has been a lot better than they were a few years ago, I suspect due to the mountain of lawsuits they got. They still have a IDGAF attitude, but with how commercialized gaming media has got recently that's rather refreshing.

Treyarch is the best CoD developer and has been since the first Blops. Likely won't get this but I just don't play CoD anymore. I have faith that it'll be good, as long as they move away from the gimmicky future setting.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The only BLOPS I really loved was the first one.

Skipped the 2nd entirely cause I was burned out on the COD formula by then. BLOPS 3 intrigued me, but turned out to just be a slower, lamer attempt at TitanFall (again, same Advanced Warfare, although that at least had a decent campaign).

I guess I'll keep an eye out on what they're doing this time, but hopes aren't high.

I still want a COD set entirely in Vietnam, damnit. :P

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Apparently this is going to be set in 2020 with BOTG.

I’m mildly excited for it. I liked Black Ops 1. I played WW2 quite a bit this year but I’m a little bored of it, even with the DLC.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The only BLOPS I really loved was the first one.

Skipped the 2nd entirely cause I was burned out on the COD formula by then. BLOPS 3 intrigued me, but turned out to just be a slower, lamer attempt at TitanFall (again, same Advanced Warfare, although that at least had a decent campaign).

I guess I'll keep an eye out on what they're doing this time, but hopes aren't high.

I still want a COD set entirely in Vietnam, damnit. :P
Did you ever play Battlefied: Bad Company 2 - Vietnam? Was such a great add-on to the game. Very fun.

It was just a multiplayer add on with some maps and era-specific weaponry but it was pretty freaking cool.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Oh god. Please no.

Why not? I think that would be a lot of fun.

Apparently this is going to be set in 2020 with BOTG.

I’m mildly excited for it. I liked Black Ops 1. I played WW2 quite a bit this year but I’m a little bored of it, even with the DLC.

I really enjoyed WW2 but also got bored of it after my 4th prestige or so. Wasn't as addicting as others but it was the best one as far as game play goes in a while.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Why not? I think that would be a lot of fun.

I really enjoyed WW2 but also got bored of it after my 4th prestige or so. Wasn't as addicting as others but it was the best one as far as game play goes in a while.
Not a battle royale fan, I enjoy the old COD multiplayer and I’m worried that with games like Fortnite and PUBG becoming so popular, Treyarch will focus on that over Zombies or their traditional multiplayer.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Not a battle royale fan, I enjoy the old COD multiplayer and I’m worried that with games like Fortnite and PUBG becoming so popular, Treyarch will focus on that over Zombies or their traditional multiplayer.

Ahh. Fair enough. I wouldn't mind it as a stand alone mode, similar to War in WWII. Not if they have to sacrifice work on the zombies mode to do it though.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

I'd take an attempt at Battle Royale mode over another Zombies mode. So tired and trite by now.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
What's wrong with Kotaku. They're not nearly as bad as they used to be, and the Gawker media empire has been a lot better than they were a few years ago, I suspect due to the mountain of lawsuits they got. They still have a IDGAF attitude, but with how commercialized gaming media has got recently that's rather refreshing.

Treyarch is the best CoD developer and has been since the first Blops. Likely won't get this but I just don't play CoD anymore. I have faith that it'll be good, as long as they move away from the gimmicky future setting.

So.. I won't go TOO much into it, but I just never preferred most of their content. I am all for going against the trend but the way they...label things and write their articles are pretty poor (IMO of course)

EDIT: Of course as I type that, this "gem" was posted.

Mods, you can delete if this isnt allowed. I don't even want to derail this thread but YEA. Had to post that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad