Call me crazy but on Dec. 21, Bettman will announc there will be a season

simplefan

May 25, 2008
I never bought into that disclaimer of interest or class action complaint. Everytime the PA and NHL did not have a bargaining session, much work was done behind the scenes. They talked on the phone and they had secret meetings.

However, it's incredibly weird that the two sides did not communicate besides that 2 mins call yesterday. It's the time to have a deal.
It leads me to believe that the vote is not on disclaimer but rather on the NHL last offer. The players were reportedly upset that the PA walked away from the NHL offer. And apparently, Don Fehr doesnt need the player consent to stop repping the union. He could step down. But the opposite requires a vote. So the vote seems fake.

Truly, they are fighting on issues that only affect 10% of the NHL:
-5 years contracts
-10-year CBA
-5% variance

I don't think one bit, any of the sides will not move a bit on these issues.

Again, by the way Bill Daly said that there WILL be a season and reports saying that on Friday, the results of the vote will be more than 80%, this leads me to believe there will be a NHL season.

Moreover, Bill Daly announced there will be cancellation of games at the end of the week, a move he would have done next Friday. This makes me think Bettman will announce there will be a NHL season.

Anyways, just my take.

TheOriginalSilf*

I've had enough (false) hope for one season. The entire season is gone for me until the very moment it's announced that the lockout is over.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
CRAZY-BREAD-CAESAR-2.jpg

TheOriginalSilf*

If the NHL were to lockout themselves out again next season, I could see the NHL folding.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
They will have a deal printed on Jan 15, and Bettman will sign, and hand Fehr a gag pen. Said pen will gush ink all over Fehr's wrinkled, untucked shirt. Fehr will hurl it like a dart into the conference room wall and storm out. Three weeks after, Daly will say to a reporter that there have been some phone calls, but no plans for more meetings.

TSN will air interview clips of Crosby saying, "I don't understand why Gary thought that was funny. We're ready to talk. The ball's in their court now." Fehr cannot be reached for comment. People take sides.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
u hope they just announce the cancelation so i can get my funds back were they belong.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Don't be silly, it's the end of the world Tomorrow!

Drop off all your valuables at my house Tonight and I will gladly take them off your hands for you! :sarcasm:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
the PA is holding out till boxing day. they'll get a better deal. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad