California Dreamin' - expectations for West Coast trip?

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Next 3 games are in California. What are your expectations for this trip where Habs historically have trouble collecting points? If team returns with 3 pts - mission accomplished.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
A really bad trip could put us in a hole for the rest of the season. That should be an encentive for our players to play better in California then the historical standard. We need two wins out of this trip and it won’t be easy.

Apr 28, 2010
2-1-0

Lose to Sharks (Habs never win in SJ)
Win in LA (I feel like Habs seem to pull out a win there for some reason)
Win in the shootout vs Ducks

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The Sharks have looked awful so far this year, and have a fairly creaky offense - could be our best shot.

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
Only chance for a win is in SJ, ironic considering historical precedent. LA will pulverize this team and Anaheim will make them look like beer leaguers.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
When the Habs are at their best they rarely win in California. I am not optimistic

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Starting off 1-7 won’t upset me. Team is a mess, poorly built. This franchise is not committed to excellence

I’m beyond getting mad over this team right now. I’ve actually found myself at peace with whatever happens in the near future as long as is results in change.

Reactions: Pickles and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Many losses is my guess. One step closer to Bergevin getting canned.
You know I am thinking Bergevin is safe because of how incompetent Molson is. If people stay away from the Bell Center then perhaps change could occur. This mediocrity has to be addressed.

Reactions: mtl_felix

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
This season is starting to remind me of the season Jacques Martin was fired and eventually the hiring of Cunneyworth + firing of Pierre Gauthier.

We struggled early on in the season and we were never able to recover.

The next 3 games I think will be crucial to determine the shaping up of this season. Sadly I don't think I'm the only pessimistic one here.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Next 3 games are in California. What are your expectations for this trip where Habs historically have trouble collecting points? If team returns with 3 pts - mission accomplished.

Last year, there was one win in California against LA, I think. I would take 3 points for sure, especially since montoya is probably going to get a start.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
This season is starting to remind me of the season Jacques Martin was fired and eventually the hiring of Cunneyworth + firing of Pierre Gauthier.

We struggled early on in the season and we were never able to recover.

The next 3 games I think will be crucial to determine the shaping up of this season. Sadly I don't think I'm the only pessimistic one here.

I'm so pessimistic that I don't even think Bergevin will be fired if we go 0-3.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
MB is here to stay. Molson will wait until he absolutely has no choice but to fire him. He is good for this season and at least another one.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
My expectations -
Galchenyuk remains on 4th line
Pacioretty is invisible
Shaw is Shawful
Mete, Hudon and Lehkonen continue to impress
Price gets blamed for all 3 losses even though the team will accrue no more than 2 goals in any given game
Benn and Alzner are to blame for at least one goal in each loss (starting every game down 2 goals, essentially)
People remain perplexed how a coach better than Therrien is still awful.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
My expectations -
Galchenyuk remains on 4th line
Pacioretty is invisible
Shaw is Shawful
Mete, Hudon and Lehkonen continue to impress
Price gets blamed for all 3 losses even though the team will accrue no more than 2 goals in any given game
Benn and Alzner are to blame for at least one goal in each loss (starting every game down 2 goals, essentially)
People remain perplexed how a coach better than Therrien is still awful.

Huge Price supporter, but I’m getting a vibe this season could be one of the lowest points of his career. Something seems off about him and I noticed it in the preseason and it’s transitioned over to the early regular season.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad