GDT: Calgary vs Minnesota 8 PM ET

Will the Flames score more than 3 goals tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Also, someone should make a game thread for tonight so I can ***** about Brouwer being on the 2nd line still when it very obviously should be mangiapane. The line decisions are terribly frustrating with this coaching staff.

Ask and ye shall receive, @Flameshomer

FLAMES (21-15-4, 46 pts) vs. WILD (22-17-3, 47 pts)

Flames road record: 9-5-4
Wild home record: 14-4-2

Calgary Expected Lineup:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Backlund - Brouwer
Bennett - Jankowski - Hathaway
Lazar - Stajan - Mangiapane

Giordano - Hamilton
Brodie - Hamonic
Kulak - Stone

Smith

Gut feeling: We see Hrivik in the lineup tonight.

Minnesota Expected Lineup:

Ennis - Staal - Parise
Niederreiter - Koivu - Granlund
EK - Coyle - Zucker
Foligno - Cullen - Winnik

Suter - Spurgeon
Brodin - Dumba
Olofsson - Prosser

Based on the Colorado game, I suspect Stalock may get the start tonight.

Last edited:

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Wife's from MN... I'm moving there next month. Over the past few years, these games VS Wild have had a lot more at stake for me...

No I will never cheer for the Wild as a first team. GO FLAMES GO baby.

Really need this win tonight. Race is too tight. Is it too much to ask for a 10 game win streak?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Insane that he's been tremendously better than last year, and he's still barely a 4th liner.

Troy says:
giphy.gif

Reactions: Cyrano

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
The lineup is inching closer to good, if only Glen would see how f***ing terrible brouwer and stajan are...

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Mangiapane
Bennett-Jankowski-Hathaway
Lazar-Hrivik-Brouwer

This is what we should be icing!!

Then, when everyone's healthy Frolik takes back his spot and we make

Versteeg-Hrivik-Mangiapane

Our fourth line. Tons of energy, some sick skill, and speed!

Reactions: Calculon

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Lol i'll count it a win if we score more than 2 goals. After the Ducks, I hate playing the Wild the most. Such a pointless trap team

Reactions: Sk8M8

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
More then three goals?

It’s Minnesota. We’ve played about 1 exciting game in our history and that’s not even an exaggeration.

2-1 for someone

I almost picked them shutting us out in the first goal thread. But then the whole eternal damnation bit.

I don't think there's a team I enjoy watching less than Minnesota.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Versteeg-Hrivik-Mangiapane

Our fourth line. Tons of energy, some sick skill, and speed!

I thought one of Hrivik issues is his lack of speed.

I still want him over Stajan but would replace him on that line with Lazar to get the speed on the line.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Anyway, go Flames. Let's get some momentum going. Keeping in mind last game's win, let's go 7-2 over our next 9 games. We need to make a midseason run.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I thought one of Hrivik issues is his lack of speed.

I still want him over Stajan but would replace him on that line with Lazar to get the speed on the line.

I think the line will have enough speed between versteeg and Mangiapane, Hrivik needs to be there to account for the very suspect defense of versteeg. Jury is still out on yeastmode's dzone abilities.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
If the Flames are going to reach 96 points (as that's generally accepted as the cutoff for making the postseason), they statistically can't have more than 16 regulation losses through this second half. I'm gonna start keeping a tally game-by-game to see how close we are.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
If the Flames are going to reach 96 points (as that's generally accepted as the cutoff for making the postseason), they statistically can't have more than 16 regulation losses through this second half. I'm gonna start keeping a tally game-by-game to see how close we are.

That sounds like a good idea. Would follow.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Back about 10 years ago those games although being low scoring, there were some good fights between the two teams.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Matt Stajan has 1 point in 31 games.... go on n marinate on that for a minute.... maybe we can get a 4th for him at the deadline. because that 4th line should be leading the Heat into the playoffs.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Matt Stajan has 1 point in 31 games.... go on n marinate on that for a minute.... maybe we can get a 4th for him at the deadline. because that 4th line should be leading the Heat into the playoffs.
Still doesn't anger me as bad as Brouwer. Granted Brouwer did have a good period against the Kings I believe.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

At least he can for the most part make defensive plays still. Any hope of getting a pick for him has evaporated though I think, based on his season.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

Ouch I did not realize it was that bad.

I have defended Stajan the past few years because I thought he has done a good job in the 4th line with pretty weak wingers but if that is all he can produce it seems like a clear sign he needs to be replaced.

His defense isn't close to good enough anymore and him and Brouwer are terrible in the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->