Calgary Hitmen Konstantin Pushkarev

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolai19

Jan 5, 2003
Corona, CA
myspace.com
Just curious, does anyone know if Pushkarev has showed up in Calgary and has he played any games yet for the Hitmen? LA fans are expecting a lot from him based on some of the articles written about him and his performance at the junior
Worlds a couple of years back.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
The Hitmen site hasn't updated the roster or given a list of players that came to training camp, but it should be out soon.

www.hitmenhockey.com

If you want to keep your eye out for him. I assume he will come over, just as long as he doesn't run into the problems Chupilkin did.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Here yo* go, says he sho*ld arrive next week. It's at the very bottom of the arti*le. It's a Monday arti*le.
[*rl]http://slam.*anoe.*a/Slam/Ho*key/J*nior/2004/09/18/634532.html[/*rl]

BCCHL inactive

Any E*ropean player who wasn't with their *HL team 4 weeks ago is either having do**mentation problems (s**h as Siarhei Kolasa* is in his attempts to get to Prin*e George), or he is not *oming period.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Van said:
Any E*ropean player who wasn't with their *HL team 4 weeks ago is either having do**mentation problems (s**h as Siarhei Kolasa* is in his attempts to get to Prin*e George), or he is not *oming period.

Pushkarev wasn't signed by the Kings until last week, and the competiton for jobs over in Russia is a a big concern now with the lockout, so the Kings convinced him to come over and play for the Hitmen, the team that drafted him in the CHL import draft. He will arrive next week.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Aaron Vickers said:
Which problems did Chupilkin run into?

At first it was actually being allowed to bring him over. I'm not sure of the details and whether it was between his old Russian club or passport problems. He arrived late (at least a quarter into the season if not more if I remember correctly) and after that didn't play good at all.

QQQ

Dec 15, 2003
Pushkarev has arrived

He's practiced with the Hitmen team. Is looking good. :yo:

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Im going to this game almost solely to see pushkarev's first game here, hopefully he plays tonight, I'll let you guys all know if he laces em up tonight or not and how I thought he played.

KINGLEWOOD

Apr 6, 2003
INGLEWOOD, CA
Visit site
Eb0la11 said:
Im going to this game almost solely to see pushkarev's first game here, hopefully he plays tonight, I'll let you guys all know if he laces em up tonight or not and how I thought he played.

cool, I know he's got a goal and a fight, but can you give us an idea of type of player he is? and I know this seems silly but could you tell us if he's a left/right shooter?

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
DeathFromAbove said:
Check his profile.

You know, there is a home page to this website guys. ;)

By the way, I did notice that this profile lists Pushkarev's goals , assists, and points
identical for 2002-2003 and the 2003-2004 season in the Russian First League:

20 goals 15 assists, and 35 points in BOTH seasons.

however, at lakings.com, (in the Kings official press release) the Kings state Pushkarev's stats as: (for 2003-2004 in the First Div. League)
>>Pushkarev, 19, appeared in five games this past season with Avangard Omsk of the Russian Hockey League and recorded a goal and zero penalty minutes. The 6-0, 180-pound native of Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan, also appeared in 34 games for Avengard in the Russian First Division where he registered 28 points (17-11=28) and 64 penalty minutes. <<<

I tend to believe the Kings press release. I see that russianprospects.com has the 20-15-35 listed as well. I assume thats where the Kings HF mods got their stats. ???

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
I saw him last night. He isn't as big as I was expecting (listed at 6'1) but looks more like 6'0, maybe even 5'11. Could just be his skating style I guess. Obvious skill level, he's much more purely skilled than Roman Tomanek, their other import and this got him moved up on the first line (Getzlaf and Ladd) later in the game. Didn't play soft out there, he didn't seem to be intimidated by the physical game. On the fight he was punched first by Versteeg (not sure why he didn't get the instigator or roughing call). Did okay in the fight, obviously that's not his strong suit.

But overall a great showing. Has the typical european skill level but looks to be determined to fight through the hard checking in the WHL. It looks like he'll be an impact player for the Hitmen, I'd say he's top 3 in terms of skill but not nearly as big or as strong physically as Ladd or Getzlaf (both of whom looked very good.) Getzlaf is the best prospect I've seen on the Hitmen since Brad Stuart (definitely take him over Beech or Brendl in a heartbeat), Anaheim has a real bluechipper there.

nikolai19

Jan 5, 2003
Corona, CA
myspace.com
Kings have a terrific bunch of forwards in the pipeline with Brown, Tuokonen, Kanko, Tambellini along with three young guys who have great experience in the league so far in Barney, Cammalleri, and Frolov.

Couple that with Tim Gleason, Denis Grebeshkov, the possibility of Richard Petiot and eventually Paul Baier on defense, the Kings are going to have one helluva team in about 4-5 years.

hockeyfan33

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
nikolai19 said:
Kings have a terrific bunch of forwards in the pipeline with Brown, Tuokonen, Kanko, Tambellini along with three young guys who have great experience in the league so far in Barney, Cammalleri, and Frolov.

Couple that with Tim Gleason, Denis Grebeshkov, the possibility of Richard Petiot and eventually Paul Baier on defense, the Kings are going to have one helluva team in about 4-5 years.

that's because every year since 2000 the kings left the draft with 3 to 4 really good prospects. Gleason is the only one drafted by a different team (Ottawa)

KINGLEWOOD

Apr 6, 2003
INGLEWOOD, CA
Visit site
DeathFromAbove said:
Check his profile.

You know, there is a home page to this website guys. ;)

Yeah but the reason I'm confused is because lakings.com, and TSN have him as a Right shooter and HF did as well until just recently. Id just like to know once and for all from some one who's seen him play. ;)

Last edited:

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.

The Kings should NOT count on him as a physical presence of any sort if he did 'alright' in a fight with Kris Versteeg (roughly 5'8" 160 lbs).

However a first game producing the GW goal is nothing to complain about. That division will be good this year. Lethbridge is off to an 0-3 start but will improve and be a contender, Red Deer and Medicine Hat are always strong, Swift has taken a step back and the Hitmen might be the early favourite in my eyes.

Should be fun to watch though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad