GDT: Calgary Flames @ Vegas Golden Nuts - 8:30 MT (Boo) - SN1, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm telling you bros, the roster isn't the problem.

Gio, Johnny, Monahan, Tkachuk, Backlund, Hamilton, Brodie, Hamonic, Smith

is as good of a core group as any other team. We've got a few potential hall of famers in there.

Look directly at the guy that gives an A to the worst player on the team. The guy that stares at the ****ing ground when we get scored on.

No it isn't. TB has a better core and there are others out there as well.

I hate GG and thinks he needs to be fired but there are more issues with this team than just the coach. There are big time roster holes.

Reactions: Flames 1st pick

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015

I hate GG and thinks he needs to be fired but there are more issues with this team than just the coach. There are big time roster holes.
So the best team in the league has a better core, ok. Who else?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Agreed BT may escape but he should be part of the blame

Flawed roster + coach that cant manage the game = disaster

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Versteeg's injury and Jagr riding off into the sunset has hurt this team a lot more than people admit. Trade for a scorer now or this season will be a write off by mid-March
I feel like this team is much closer to this point than we think. A sizeable gap is starting to form now between us and the Sharks and Kings for a divisional spot. The Wildcard teams are within reach, but for how much longer? This team needs a big streak, like now

Reactions: FlamerForLife

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Versteeg's injury and Jagr riding off into the sunset has hurt this team a lot more than people admit. Trade for a scorer now or this season will be a write off by mid-March

I think the season is already a write off

The Flames should be a seller and try to get the pick back

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I feel like this team is much closer to this point than we think. A sizeable gap is starting to form now between us and the Sharks and Kings for a divisional spot. The Wildcard teams are within reach, but for how much longer? This team needs a big streak, like now

We are absolutely at serious risk of missing the playoffs at this point.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I hope our line looks like this:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Jankowski-Dano
Aberg-Lazar-Hathaway

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Hamonic
Kulak-Andersson

By trade deadline.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Meh, a similar gap has existed between teams in this division at several points in time during this season, and things will probably keep fluctuating back and forth down the stretch. Everyone should prepare themselves mentally for that, because from what I've seen, it's going to be very difficult for a lot of fans to deal with.

You're right, though, the team needs a streak, but that's always been the case. We probably will get another one. Just need to avoid the streaks the other way more than anything.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Meh, a similar gap has existed between teams in this division at several points in time during this season, and things will probably keep fluctuating back and forth down the stretch. Everyone should prepare themselves mentally for that, because from what I've seen, it's going to be very difficult for a lot of fans to deal with.

You're right, though, the team needs a streak, but that's always been the case. We probably will get another one. Just need to avoid the streaks the other way more than anything.

I think you got that part correct except it's more of mentally accept that this season is a waste. Do you really trust this team can win when it really counts? They have not done so all season...not going to happen now, especially with a backup (bad) goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad