GDT: Calgary Flames @ Vegas Golden Nuts - 8:30 MT (Boo) - SN1, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The team with the second best road record takes on the team with the best home record in the league.

The Sharks have opened up a 5 point gap on the Flames while the Kings, Ducks and Wild (WC2) are now 2 points ahead. Must-win game to keep pace with the latter three teams.

Brouwer comes back from injury.

Projected lines:
Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Jankowski-Hathaway
Lazar-Stajan-Brouwer

Gio-Hamilton
Brodie-Hamonic
Kulak-Stone

Rittich

Vegas:

Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Perron-Haula-Tuch
Carpenter-Eakin-Nosek
Hyka-Matteau-Lindberg

McNabb-Schmidt
Engelland-Sbisa (they're actually winning with this second pair)
Miller-Hunt

MAF

Last edited:
Reactions: Sk8M8

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
With it being his first game back there is no way that we will see Brouwer shoe-horned into the PP and PK is there? I mean even GG isn't that dumb, is he?

Ahh who am I kidding of course he will be.

Prediction if Brouwer sees no PP time, no PK time and under 10 mins ES: Flames win 5-1 (PP 2 for 4)

Pp time, Pk time, 10+ mins for Brouwer- Vegas wins 5-1 (PP 0 for 6)

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I actually thought we played them really well in our first meeting until the last minute implosion. Going to a concert tonight so won't get to watch, but I have more faith in beating Vegas then I have when we play the Oilers. Go Flames!

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I'm... more confident in winning the next game. But go Flames! Hopefully their mothers inspire them to play their hardest and also bring them orange slices for the intermission.

This is really the only thing this team needs to take the next step and become true contenders

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Good measuring stick.
Played a really good Bruins team perfectly outside of the OT gaffe.

Vegas is a top team in the league (how weird is that to say)... have to have a good showing. A few more losses and we're going to be out of the mix.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Brouwer's on the 4th line and Hathaway stays on the 3rd according to Wills' tweet.
Dumb GG

Hathaway is barely a 13th fwd
Not sure what he has done in the last month to earn the spot

Brower on 4th line is ok considering they have to pay him all that money

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Without a drastic shakeup of all the lines, it really doesn't make any kind of real difference whether's it's Hathaway or Brouwer on the third line.

Hathaway is a fine 4th liner. Brouwer is an overpaid but tenable 4th liner (for the time being anyway). Lazar is an fine 4th liner. Klimchuk/Foo/Mangiapane/*insert warm body here* would probably be acceptable 4th liners. But none of them are legit 3rd line scoring threats right now. And unfortunately neither Bennett nor Jankowski are capable of carrying a line at this point.

Guluztan could try spreading out the wealth to create three scoring lines (i.e., separate Gaudreau and Monahan, Backlund and Tkachuk) but he won't. So it's pretty much wait until Treliving makes a trade either now or in the off season.

Reactions: Janks and Mobiandi

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Wonder how much these moms spent of their son's money while on this trip lol.

Meanwhile the boys had to be on their best behavior haha.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Looks like the mothers are having a good time. :laugh:

I hope he knows what a tie or sock on the door handle means :sarcasm:

vN6biZB.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad