Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
pc-140604-tankman-02_cd24e42c1227d673240e0b096181d84b.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I couldn't watch, but we weren't going to lose out the rest of the season. Glad to hear Gilmour and Pionk looked good. Tank resumes tomorrow

Reactions: Lays

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I'm going to invent a mic that noise cancels out "you know" and sell it to all the major sports leagues and buy an island and retire. It's an epidemic. Pionk, Miller, Hayes, Vesey. These millennials.
I always think to myself, “No, I *don’t* know. That’s why you’re being asked”. Haha. I know how you feel.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Management needs to learn from this game. Young players with talent is better than experienced players without.

Take all personnel powers from Vigneault. Enough is enough. The kids were the best thing this season.

I kind of think that they've started. Smith getting sent down and the kids actually playing doesn't feel very AV.

Reactions: Samuel Culper III

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Is that Hank ? :D

Also, a snippet from an interview with Zucc after the match (in Norwegian) :

Zucc was asked if the Managements message lit a fire under the team.
"It hurt our pride quite a bit, and we decided to %¤#&#¤%& show them that we could play with heart. It was a great, emotional victory".

Reactions: Samuel Culper III

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Nah they already put out the letter. They’ve committed, they won’t back out.

The team is gonna win every now and again

They were due tonight

Exactly. People act like winning a 4-3 game that could have easily been a 5-2 loss (Grabner goal was a lucky bounce, Hank made some huge saves) after going 1-7 over our past 8 means anything other than we won a game. Even the worst team in the league wins games. Sometimes against top teams. That’s just hockey. We were due. Got a good bounce and some timely stops and we’re able to hold on to a slim victory.

We’re 2-7 in the last 9 now and our two wins were 6-5 and 4-3 games that could have easily been losses. On the the flip side, some of those losses have been 4-0, 6-1, 5-2, 5-2, 7-2, 6-3. The organization has seen the trend and correctly assessed that change is needed and the timing with contracts and ages is correct to make those changes. After releasing that letter, they will stick to their plan. If we win some games and promote some youth who do well, all the better. Get a good feeling from the young guys and let them get some confidence.

The only thing it hurts is our draft position, and that sucks, but as a fan watching the team play with pride is more fun. Between TDL deals, draft day deals and wherever our own pick falls (I believe we will finish bottom 6-10 which puts us in the lottery and with luck we could draft significantly higher) we should at least be able to move into one pick in the 5-10 range so I’ll just enjoy watching the young guys and hoping they continue to show promise. We’re 6-11-0 since the New Year.

Reactions: bl02 and Graves94

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Exactly. People act like winning a 4-3 game that could have easily been a 5-2 loss (Grabner goal was a lucky bounce, Hank made some huge saves) after going 1-7 over our past 8 means anything other than we won a game. Even the worst team in the league wins games. Sometimes against top teams. That’s just hockey. We were due. Got a good bounce and some timely stops and we’re able to hold on to a slim victory.

We’re 2-7 in the last 9 now and our two wins were 6-5 and 4-3 games that could have easily been losses. On the the flip side, some of those losses have been 4-0, 6-1, 5-2, 5-2, 7-2, 6-3. The organization has seen the trend and correctly assessed that change is needed and the timing with contracts and ages is correct to make those changes. After releasing that letter, they will stick to their plan. If we win some games and promote some youth who do well, all the better. Get a good feeling from the young guys and let them get some confidence.

The only thing it hurts is our draft position, and that sucks, but as a fan watching the team play with pride is more fun. Between TDL deals, draft day deals and wherever our own pick falls (I believe we will finish bottom 6-10 which puts us in the lottery and with luck we could draft significantly higher) we should at least be able to move into one pick in the 5-10 range so I’ll just enjoy watching the young guys and hoping they continue to show promise. We’re 6-11-0 since the New Year.
We are like the Jets. We aren't going to get a top 5 pick even if we try. Only solution that may work is to pull the goalie rest of the year.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
We are like the Jets. We aren't going to get a top 5 pick even if we try. Only solution that may work is to pull the goalie rest of the year.

You don’t pick where you finish. We could finish 11th from last and draft 4th. All non playoff teams are in the lottery but the better your record the lower your chances of moving up. We could definitely be a bottom 7/8 team. Moving up a few spots wouldn’t be crazy at all.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
The kids were all right. They helped get the puck out of the zone more efficiently but the difference to me was that they got on their man quicker than the defensemen they replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->