Proposal: Calgary-Chicago

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hate Gus, and a late 1st is a late 1st, but I'd be mad to see Hino leave. I think he has a legit 50-60 pt upside.

I wouldn't make the deal. I think we'd be just as well off going after a De Haan or Moore in the offseason, and let Forsling and Jokiharju have a chance at a spot then to trade for Brodie. Especially when it'd cost us Hino.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Now that Gulutzan is gone we should keep Brodie. Gulutzan ruined Brodie. If he returns to form we will be a dangerous team next year

We'll see but pretty sure Brodie did plenty of damage himself....I doubt if a coach can make him have that much brain farts

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
We'll see but pretty sure Brodie did plenty of damage himself....I doubt if a coach can make him have that much brain farts

Gulutzan has Brodie playing like a defensive d man. Never let him join the rush. He didn’t let Brodie play to his strengths.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Hate Gus, and a late 1st is a late 1st, but I'd be mad to see Hino leave. I think he has a legit 50-60 pt upside.

I wouldn't make the deal. I think we'd be just as well off going after a De Haan or Moore in the offseason, and let Forsling and Jokiharju have a chance at a spot then to trade for Brodie. Especially when it'd cost us Hino.
that is getzlaf, duchene, ehlers, scheifle, eberle, schwarts territory....i really dont see that happening

edit. 60 that is***

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Huh, I'm surprised by the amount of people in favour this deal from Chicago perspective. I consider this an overpayment. Gus is solid offensively (though expendable), Nashville's pick could net us something really special and Vinnie is underrated as ****. I'd rather sign De Haan in free agency. He'll fill the same role and won't cost any assets.
The issue is the "could" net something special.

The package just doesn't help Calgary. They become a worse team for some speculative assets that may not work out and even then won't be able to contribute for several years at best.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
The issue is the "could" net something special.

The package just doesn't help Calgary. They become a worse team for some speculative assets that may not work out and even then won't be able to contribute for several years at best.
Personally (and I think you could find a lot Hawks fans who feel this way), Hinostroza is the best piece in that package, and he's NHL-ready. Gustafsson is NHL depth right now, so the 1st is really the only speculative asset. You're already getting a guy who can play anywhere in the top 9 while scoring and being dynamic with the puck. He had 23 points in 35, then 2 in 15 (probably when he got the hernia). I think the idea is to give Calgary their top 6 RHS RW and additional value for Brodie. Does Calgary not need a RW?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Personally (and I think you could find a lot Hawks fans who feel this way), Hinostroza is the best piece in that package, and he's NHL-ready. Gustafsson is NHL depth right now, so the 1st is really the only speculative asset. You're already getting a guy who can play anywhere in the top 9 while scoring and being dynamic with the puck. He had 23 points in 35, then 2 in 15 (probably when he got the hernia). I think the idea is to give Calgary their top 6 RHS RW and additional value for Brodie. Does Calgary not need a RW?

We need an actual #1 RW. Hinostroza is 24 with a career high of 25 points. Him having a single hot steak doesn't make him proces by any means. I'd rather target a guy who's actually had at least a 60+ point season.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
That's fine, I'm just pointing out that 2 of the 3 pieces are NHL ready. I like Brodie, but I want Hinostroza playing RW1 for the Hawks next year. If the Flames want an established RW1, I think that makes a lot of sense. You may need to add to Brodie for it though, depending on contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad