GDT: Calgary (1-1-0) @ ****ing Honda Center in Anaheim (1-0-1) / 8:00 PM / Oct 9th 2017

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Did they change the way you embed tweets? I seem to remember this being a lot simpler.

Last edited:

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I ragged on Brouwer a couple of times last night but in retrospect he was not nearly as noticeable in a bad way and actually made some great d plays near the end. I'm never forgiving him for his horrendous play post contract (frankly, he looks like a guy who got paid and promptly forgot why) but he might be a very serviceable player if we can limit him to the forth line for the remainder of the season.
If we bring Janko up I'd love to see the bottom two lines as:

Janko-Bennett-Lazar
Versteeg-Stajan-Brouwer

with Janko-Bennett alternating depending on who's playing better. I find bennett has been playing well but last night it looked like he was trying too much on his own again. Lazar has looked fantastic next to him though. My preference at this point is for Bennett to hit the wing and find his offensive scoring touch again, boost his numbers and confidence, then play back at centre. He looks great, but he'll look better when he can get back to the score sheet.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Cannot believe we finally did it. Shot count was non representative. A lot of the shots Smith faced were pretty easy saves. And not overly dangerous.

That was a good team performance. We won the special teams battle.

The best part about smith is that the "easy shots" have very little chance of going in. With Elliott I found my heart bounding even on perimeter shots (look no further than the first of his last game...)

Smith has been exactly what the doctor ordered so far. Great pickup by Brad (Sorry for doubting you, oh wise and great wizard)

Edit: Switching from french to english affects my spelling more than i'd like to admit.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I know it's game three, but it seems like Smith is going to try his damnedest to insert himself into the Vezina conversation now that he plays for a team that can win games.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I ragged on Brouwer a couple of times last night but in retrospect he was not nearly as noticeable in a bad way and actually made some great d plays near the end.
He wasn't a complete anchor, to be sure, but my problem with him last game was that he'd make a good defensive play, and follow it up with a bad one (e.g. he helped prevent a goal but had to take a hooking penalty to do so, and he collected the puck in a board battle and subsequently passed it directly to a Ducks player). Honestly, Brouwer as a 4th liner isn't the end of the world (if we assume his contract was an appropriate amount) but what I see is a guy with too many limitations to be getting significant minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad