GDT: Calgary (1-1-0) @ ****ing Honda Center in Anaheim (1-0-1) / 8:00 PM / Oct 9th 2017

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
That puck needs to be mounted on a hat and worn after every win fireman hat style! It's a team treasure!

Reactions: Cyrano

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Strong game from a lot of guys. I really didn't hate anyone's game tonight. Only Versteeg and Ferland jump off the page for me as having poor games.

I hope Gulutzan only switched back to our regular lines in another attempt to jumpstart the offence like it did last game, as I thought they were working well again, just not producing. Hopefully he saw that too.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Eh.. I thought Johnny came alive when he got reunited with Mony and Ferland. Bennett and Lazar look good together though

Bennett is such a tease....whatever he is missing, hope he find it because the kid has talent.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I didn't get to watch, but for those that did, it seems like a pretty huge problem that we allowed 43 shots, was defense really just not at all there for us tonight?

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
THE BELIEVERS

So much negativity tonight. 10,000 points on the flames, were going to win tonight.

I won’t be able to watch this one, so we are definitely going to win.

This is it. This is the night the curse comes to an end. 5-2 Flames, Gaudreau with another 3 point night.

giphy.gif

"Yea, though ye skate through the arena of the Ducks of Anaheim, we shall fear no evil…"

Feeling oddly good about this one.

I am guaranteeing a win tonight.

I have a feeling we end the curse tonight.

Tonight's the night, Sam's gonna light the Ducks up with a hatty.

I'm seconding this guarantee.
Edit: Put my Vmoney where my mouth is, all in on the good guys tonight.

Mike Smith going to be huge again in net tonight!

The Curse ends tonight!!!

It's ending tonight. I feel it in my veins.

I feel it all over.

Reactions: MDCSL and Janks

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I didn't get to watch, but for those that did, it seems like a pretty huge problem that we allowed 43 shots, was defense really just not at all there for us tonight?
I missed half of the third period, but the Ducks were in our zone for a lot of the game and Smith stood tall. Was surprised they didn't score

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
It's important to keep in mind that 17 of those shots came in the third period alone. Ducks managed to pin us in our own zone and maintain a high level of pressure, especially late in the period. They ended up on the PP late and pulled Gibson that gave them a 6-on-4 and then 6-on-5 for the last 2-3 minutes of the game.

Aug 3, 2010
Have to say the shot counts weren't indicative of quality. The top-4 did a lot of good clearing the crease and making very smart checking plays, and a lot of the shots came from the perimeter, and quality shots from the slot were often deflected or totally missed, partially due to luck and partially due to positioning. Only a handful of scrambles occured during penalty kills.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I am guaranteeing a win tonight.

What a call this guy made, someone buy him a drink.

I missed the entire game as well, but I’m happy to eat crow on Smith. Never hated the signing, but I also wasn’t sure he was the answer. I’m super glad to see that he’s been a total stud so far. @snipetype looks like he was 100% right on this guy.

Great news and super excited for the season. Hopefully Jags suits up next game.

Reactions: Mitts

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
What a game by the entire team! Really not one poor performance (and yes, that includes Brouwer).

That game did make me concerned cause Jagr would not do well in a fast game like that. Interesting to see how he looks when he does play.

At the end of the day, we EFFING WON!!! The streak is DONE!!

Also, Corey Perry is still a douche

Reactions: Sk8M8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad