Confirmed with Link: Caleb Jones Traded to Avs for Callahan Burke

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Since the Avs are my second team, I like the move for them. Their blue line doesn't tend to stay healthy. For the Canes, the little I recall of seeing and hearing of Burke, it seems like he could fill the MacEachern-type role in a pinch. But I'd hope we would call up some of our actual prospects before him.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
This man has two last names wtf

So will both Jones and Burke be playing with the Eagles? How often do players who were traded for each other wind up playing on the same roster like that?
Yeah, that's a weird one. Closest thing I can think of was trading Josef Vasicek (RIP Condor) to Nashville for Scott Walker, then later trading Eric Belanger (lol) for Vasicek. So they were traded for each other, and played games together the same season, but I can't think of another instance where guys were traded and immediately played together.

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
we did do the split affiliation thing a few times. with Nashville in the covid year (don't recall us making a trade with them that year) and w Calgary during the lockout year in Lowell, as well as Colorado some other year. A pretty familiar name in Mike Commodore was acquired during that time frame, though I don't think he played a single game with Lowell after that trade was made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad