Calder Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
RoadWarrior said:
Mathew Stajan has been the leafs best forward in limited minutes with 3 points in 6 games. An intelligent playmaker with great speed who excels on faceoffs. He'll get a chance to play with Sundin and Mogilny later in the season.

I hope he does play With Mats and Alex, hes one helluva passer

Unthinkable

1) Michael Ryder - looks like he has all the skills to be an eventual four or five tool player in this league. Big hits, big plays, big hockey sense. Has the more well rounded skill and toughness which Bergeron lacks.
2) Marc-Andre Fleury - someone forgot to tell him he's still a teenager competing against the best in the world.
3) Eric Staal - should put up the points if he plays with O'Neill for most of the year.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Fleury's got my vote so far, although I haven't seen any other players play too much or at all.

How he plays is what this team will be. He keeps them in games and continues to stay solid and make all the remarkable saves.

It's a shame we don't have a forward in serious contention for this too. Or any forward in contention for any type of reward.

Unthinkable

HABS-65 said:
Which prospect of your team have the most chance to win the Calder Trophy

For montreal : Michael Ryder ( LW ) , Watch this guy he is awesome .

The only glaring mistake I've seen from him so far is when he hit his own teammate by accident and even that was pretty exciting stuff. He is just what your team needs right now. A guy who can do it all and never once look out of place despite the lack of NHL experience.

Yayo

Mizral said:
By the way, Canucks rookie forward, Jason King's stats:

5 GP, 3 Goals, 2 assists, 5 points, +4, 4 PIM's

King has played six games.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
CJHF13 said:
He looked like total crap today against NJ. Totally worthless, should have been benched.
Doesn't take anything away from the great start he's had. One bad game...

Sammy*

Sir Ozzie X said:
Hamhuis, and if he wasn't too old, Zidlicky.
Yeah, I also think Spezza would have a chance if he hadnt played to many games.

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
POS NO. PLAYER GP G A PTS +/- PIM
C 49 *Lombardi, Matthew 6 2 2 4 1 2

He should merit a little consideration with his strong early season play....he's playing on the top line with Iginla right now, and has been one of the most consistent guys for the Flames so far....

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
mario66 said:
Orpik has NO chance of winning the Calder. I'm sorry to say it since Jackman won it last year, but a stay at home defenceman on a bad team doesn't have a chance.
I never said he'd win the Calder ! :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->