Calder Eligibility?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Does anyone know whether NHL playoff games count torwards your Calder eligibility for the following season?

This would affect Vancouver's Alexander Edler and New Jersey's Andy Greene. Are they still technically rookies going into 2007-08?

Thanks in advance.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Does anyone know whether NHL playoff games count torwards your Calder eligibility for the following season?

This would affect Vancouver's Alexander Edler and New Jersey's Andy Greene. Are they still technically rookies going into 2007-08?

Thanks in advance.

Depends on how many games they played in the playoffs.

If they played more then 32 (I think), then they are not considered rookies, but if they played below 32, then they are rookies.

LogiquePaR4dOcKs

Mar 29, 2007
Helsinki, FIN
From the NHL Official Guide & Record Book: ''To be eligible for the award, a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league''.

Nothing about playoff games, and I've never heard of the aforementioned 32-game rule, so I'm a bit sceptical about it. You'd think if the playoff games count toward one's Calder eligibility the amount wouldn't be bigger than that of the regular season games. After all, the average player plays ten times as many games in the regular season as in the playoffs.

EJG123

Jul 13, 2003
Prince George, B.C.
Visit site
I always remember 2-6 to be Calder eligible.

26+ regular season games breaks your status
2 years of 6+ regular season games breaks your status
and 26+ years of age breaks your status.

post season games have no effect on the Calder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad