Prospect Info: C. White - potential

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
As the prospect rankings are wrapping up, I thought I'd do a little activity to see what we all expect from our prospects.

Select the poll option that is closest to what you see as the players potential.

#2 - Colin White

NOTE: If you think White will be a winger, select Top 6/Bottom 6 winger AND another option - i.e if you think he will be a 55+ point winger, select Top 6 winger AND #1C. Otherwise, choose only one option.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I vote for #1C. I don't know about the points just yet, but i'm certain that at some point White might play near 20 min a night because he's going to play the PK/PP and a lot against the opponent top line.

Anyway, that's potential. Not what he's going to be for sure.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Realistically, I see him as a solid guy on the third line. Clicked on the winger option because he isn't unseating Pageau in that role.

(I am hoping he'll end up as a second liner, but I don't think realistically he'll put up the points required for it.)

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Middle 6 winger who follows the same career path as MacArthur.

Minus the injuries, and a longer prime due to that, you got a great player.

All situations, leader, workhorse, coach loving glue-guy.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I'm thinking 3C-type production plus excellent defensive play and leadership. Basically what Lazar was supposed to be.

I think he's gonna be a bigger Pageau, which should be pretty great all things considered.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Depends on how Brown does I would guess & whether Brown becomes the #1 & if not, White could become the defacto #1 as Turris is now.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
He's choosing to wear a chump number (36!?!?) so that drops his potential a lot in my eyes.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If he plays as the 3rd line center primarily in a defensive role I see him putting up 30-40P with an above-average defensive game ala Pageau.

If he plays as a winger on a scoring line, I could see him putting up 40-50P with good two-way play but less defensive responsibility.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Ceiling: a slightly skilled Michael Peca or David Backes (consistent 45-50pt two way player)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ceiling: a slightly skilled Michael Peca or David Backes (consistent 45-50pt two way player)

Both very good leaders

Peca 6' 185 in his prime was an excellent 2 way C, that could hit a ton especially for his size... I really liked Peca. I'd be happy if White's ceiling was Prime Peca ... They are a similar size. I do not see the same toughness or physical play that defined Peca however.

Backes 6'3 221 is a physical horse. Plays a big man game. He was an excellent 2 way C however. White has 2 way C in him for sure but ... stylistically they are different. White has to use his brains more than his brawn.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Both very good leaders

Peca 6' 185 in his prime was an excellent 2 way C, that could hit a ton especially for his size... I really liked Peca. I'd be happy if White's ceiling was Prime Peca ... They are a similar size. I do not see the same toughness or physical play that defined Peca however.

Backes 6'3 221 is a physical horse. Plays a big man game. He was an excellent 2 way C however. White has 2 way C in him for sure but ... stylistically they are different. White has to use his brains more than his brawn.

I'll be really happy if he turns out being a prime Peca. Two time Selke winner, excellent two-way heart and hustle type of player. As for the Backes comparison yeah you're right, stylistically they're different, I was just looking for the closest right handed American C comparibles haha didn't give it that much thought. But he's only 20yrs old though he still has a couple of years for growth and to bulk up... it can happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->