C/W William Nylander - Modo, SHL (2014, 8th overall, Toronto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Because he's extremely good looking in a pretty sort of way. Men who've never got much attention from women resent it and try to use masculinity (ie: internet tough guy act) as compensation for their glaring insecurities.

No, I'm sure it's because he looks like that little **** from Game of Thrones :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
h54B7190C
willie_nylander_rogle_bk.jpg

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
I'm not much of a fan of his game. He will never score a lot of points. To me Will is better than his Dad but not worthy of his lofty draft status. Expectations will be high and he will have plenty of pressure to perform. I tend to feel he is gonna be a minor disappointment and that better players piked later in this draft will emerge.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I'm not much of a fan of his game. He will never score a lot of points. To me Will is better than his Dad but not worthy of his lofty draft status. Expectations will be high and he will have plenty of pressure to perform. I tend to feel he is gonna be a minor disappointment and that better players piked later in this draft will emerge.

He's better than his dad but won't score points? :huh:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

I'm assuming you've watched him live in Sweden for years to make such a bold statement? I mean, even a veteran professional scout would have a hard time making such a definitive statement about a player with such a skill set.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm assuming you've watched him live in Sweden for years to make such a bold statement? I mean, even a veteran professional scout would have a hard time making such a definitive statement about a player with such a skill set.

It's called wishful thinking...

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

LOL. Nothing you said here makes any sense.

You're not a fan of his game(have you even seen him play?), and somehow can see into the future and KNOW he'll never score a lot points, yet he's better than his dad??????

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
He'll be better than his father than managed to put up 700 NHL points while also not putting up too many points

:help:

zoA

Mar 23, 2010

He'll be better than his father than managed to put up 700 NHL points while also not putting up too many points

What a wonderfully nonsensical post. Aside from having never seen William play, it appears he's never seen Michael play either. It's like saying that William got his hair from his father...

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto

LOL. Nothing you said here makes any sense.

You're not a fan of his game(have you even seen him play?), and somehow can see into the future and KNOW he'll never score a lot points, yet he's better than his dad??????

He'll be better than his father than managed to put up 700 NHL points while also not putting up too many points #hfboards

HFBoards indeed. What a wonderfully nonsensical post. Aside from having never seen William play, it appears he's never seen Michael play either. It's like saying that William got his hair from his father...

Man you are all so quick to defend your golden boy. I've seen a few absolutely outlandish comments on the other end of the spectrum, and they barely get any response. Guy gives his opinion, what a dick!

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Man you are all so quick to defend your golden boy. I've seen a few absolutely outlandish comments on the other end of the spectrum, and they barely get any response. Guy gives his opinion, what a dick!

"Nylander's better than his dad but he'll never put up points"

"Considering Michael was a big scorer, that doesn't really make sense"

Zomg so defensive!!! Such bias! Wow!

:rolleyes:

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
Oh wait.
I'm sorry.
Let me change it .
William Nylander will take the NHL by storm.
He will break Crosby's records in no time and winning multiple cups and score 200 points in his second year in the league.
Is that better?
All those people who love this guy and think he will be great without having a clue.
No one can predict how good a player will be.
I stated my opinion just like everyone. Maybe he busts and proves everyone wrong. Scouts are awful just look at how many first rd busts even first overall busts in recent memory. Time and time again players picked later on are better. Scouts are horrendous in evaluating goalie talent and do as bad with Euros.

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
Yeah because scouts are never wrong about players.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Without combing through what is now a leafs thread (which has plenty of bickering already).

How do the leafs plan to use nylander as a center or winger? I am guessing this might be a difficult question to answer at the moment. Watching nylander at the U18, you almost dont want to move him from center because he can carry the puck through center so well, and can distribute the puck with good vision. But then you see in tight checking games he tries to do to much by himself down the middle and he may be better as a winger.

It will be interesting to see how hes used.

Znith

Aug 16, 2012
Without combing through what is now a leafs thread (which has plenty of bickering already).

How do the leafs plan to use nylander as a center or winger? I am guessing this might be a difficult question to answer at the moment. Watching nylander at the U18, you almost dont want to move him from center because he can carry the puck through center so well, and can distribute the puck with good vision. But then you see in tight checking games he tries to do to much by himself down the middle and he may be better as a winger.

It will be interesting to see how hes used.

As an avid hockey player and fan, who also watched Nylander at the WJC, I would prefer him at C as we (the Leafs) have no prospect there considered a game breaker, top line caliber guy.

Also, the main problem the Leafs have is puck possession. It would be an asset to have a player there who can control the puck through the offensive zone and distribute.

HOWEVER, our coach seems to think that we can get by blocking shots and playing dump and chase. Carlyle doesn't like defensively deficient centers, players that don't back check, and centers that don't win draws. So if he wants to play C (his best bet to make an impact in the organization) he had better practice back-checking and winning draws.

Would love to see him playing C with the Marlies next year and getting top line duties.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

Pretty ironic, considering you usually lambaste certain Leaf or Sens fans for their opinions on other boards (which stems from you being a Habs fan) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad