C Vladislav Kamenev (2014, 42nd, NSH; traded to COL)

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
And here we go. So NHL ready... not.

Wouldn't go that far. He looked alright in the limited time he had. Was just put in sticky spot. Not a full on suicide pass but definitely a tough position. Orpik made a great clean hit as well.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Wouldn't go that far. He looked alright in the limited time he had. Was just put in sticky spot. Not a full on suicide pass but definitely a tough position. Orpik made a great clean hit as well.
I thought the AHL prepares players for the physical small rink games.

Point being: there he is again far away from a NHL roster spot.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I thought the AHL prepares players for the physical small rink games.

Point being: there he is again far away from a NHL roster spot.
What is this nonsense?

Ohhh wait. I remember. Had he stayed in the KHL, he'd probably be a PPG player by now.

He would've just walked around Orpik there. Maybe even rocked Orpik while maintaining possession, before scoring a highlight reel goal.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nothing quite prepares you for the speed and physicality of the NHL.

Not even that it was just a great hit and a sloppy pass that set him up for it. I know atas has his agenda, but this is a really silly moment in which to push it. The kid was looking good until ending up on the unfortunate end of a ridiculously hard clean hit.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Nothing quite prepares you for the speed and physicality of the NHL.
That's overrating the NHL. I've seen more physicality and speed on international level. Also if nothing could nobody would be in the league.

It's a tough break for Kamenev obviously.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What is this nonsense?

Ohhh wait. I remember. Had he stayed in the KHL, he'd probably be a PPG player by now.

He would've just walked around Orpik there. Maybe even rocked Orpik while maintaining possession, before scoring a highlight reel goal.

Had he stayed in KHL Orpik would've just bounced off him, like little boy.

Last edited:

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
All the young stud centers who was supposed to take Duchenes role after he's traded get wrecked except wildcard Kerfoot

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He was fantastic in his return after being out 4 months. I'm not sure what I expected but he easily surpassed my expectations. That highlight sadly doesn't show the entire shift he was beastmode including holding the puck about 20 seconds down low. He's gonna be wearing an Avs sweater real soon.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He was fantastic in his return after being out 4 months. I'm not sure what I expected but he easily surpassed my expectations. That highlight sadly doesn't show the entire shift he was beastmode including holding the puck about 20 seconds down low. He's gonna be wearing an Avs sweater real soon.

Is he playing C in the AHL?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He'll be a great player for us down the road.
He's looked fantastic - his playmaking traits are awesome, especially his passing skills, but his two-way is insurmountable and plays a prominent role on the PK.

Good to hear. It took too long though for my taste for some people to realize. That path through the minors is such a mudfight, so often unnecessary in my eyes. He's had that potential all along.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Good to hear. It took too long though for my taste for some people to realize. That path through the minors is such a mudfight, so often unnecessary in my eyes. He's had that potential all along.

Not everyone can transition to NA ice quickly though, sometimes time in the minors is necessary . In Kamenev's case though he had some bad luck with injuries etc around the time of his NHL callups, if not he would have been there earlier.

Reactions: cgf

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Not everyone can transition to NA ice quickly though, sometimes time in the minors is necessary . In Kamenev's case though he had some bad luck with injuries etc around the time of his NHL callups, if not he would have been there earlier.
Exactly. That bad luck injuries hurt your chances of being noticed and you have to prove everything anew. Still think he would have been much better off with MMG all those years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad