C/RW Matej Pekar - Barrie Colts, OHL (2018, 94th, BUF)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Pretty solid numbers in the USHL so far. Committed to play at Nebraska-Omaha next year in the NCAA.

Saw an interesting stat on the Muskegeon Lumberjacks twitter account. They said he had 35 non-PP pts as of March 8th, and he had an ES goal in their last game on March 9th, so if that tweet was accurate he currently has 36 of his 44 pts came outside of the PP. Pretty good non-PP production.

elite prospects profile: Matej Pekar

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Could be a 2nd/3rd rounder IMO. Decently talented, good stats, but I think his compete level and never ending engine is what will get scouts' attention.

Reactions: czech and Frk It

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
3rd rounder? Bit off topic but I feel like there could be a lot of Czechs going in the late rounds (3 to 7) this year... Skarek, Pekar, Dostal, Reichel, Lauko, Jenik...

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
3rd rounder? Bit off topic but I feel like there could be a lot of Czechs going in the late rounds (3 to 7) this year... Skarek, Pekar, Dostal, Reichel, Lauko, Jenik...
Hrabik, Salda, Michnac (maybe) also

Reactions: czech

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Hrabik, Michnac and Blumel are not getting drafted. Come on now.
Kvasnica, Zabransky and Plasek are longshots as well. The rest should get drafted though. (talking about the players mentioned in this thread)

Babula

May 31, 2012
so, he is not going to the university now ? i do not understand why he changed his mind? only if he takes a hockey game as "pro".

Babula

May 31, 2012
I still like his name, that he's Mr. Baker, he's going to overheat many defenders I hope.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I’m still surprised he was not drafted earlier.

Very early, but I really like this pick. He's got that gritty/pest element to his game + solid skill. If he pans out, he could be a Gallagher/Marchand-lite type player. A nuisance who can do some scoring.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Very early, but I really like this pick. He's got that gritty/pest element to his game + solid skill. If he pans out, he could be a Gallagher/Marchand-lite type player. A nuisance who can do some scoring.

Yea I was extremely happy the Sabres grabbed him. Though, the past five years, every “sleeper” I have really liked from a draft has not planned out!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad