C Robert Thomas - Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL (2017, 20th, STL)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
We are certainly excited about him.

He’s basically being penciled into the 3rd line next season already. The other rookies will be fighting for a spot or 2 but I think Thomas is virtually a lock at this rate.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
We are certainly excited about him.

He’s basically being penciled into the 3rd line next season already. The other rookies will be fighting for a spot or 2 but I think Thomas is virtually a lock at this rate.

Unless we get JT or Stastny I think he’s penciled in as the 2C lol

Reactions: 99664987

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
This kid is so good and completely flying under the radar. I love it.

He can truly dominate a game without scratching the stat sheet. So smart. So good away from the puck.

2 great games for him the past couple nights. There's no doubt in my mind, he'll be an impact player starting day 1 in the NHL.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

He can truly dominate a game without scratching the stat sheet. So smart. So good away from the puck.

2 great games for him the past couple nights. There's no doubt in my mind, he'll be an impact player starting day 1 in the NHL.

How is that possible.. Stats are pretty much everything when it comes to determining how good a player is amirite?

Reactions: STLBLUES44

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

All hail Robert Thomas

Reactions: JHockey123

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
God I can’t wait for Thomas to play with someone who thinks somewhat similiar LT. He could have 4 assists every game this playoff but he almost catches his linemates by surprise when he feeds them lmao

Reactions: 99664987

ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
Thomas so far under the radar his junior team in the title hasn’t been updated :laugh:

sometimes mods do it I think, but I just figured out how to update it so Blues/neutral fans don't get confused :D Glad to see him progress like he has. His trajectory has been steep thus far, I can't wait to see how he looks next year with the big club

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
sometimes mods do it I think, but I just figured out how to update it so Blues/neutral fans don't get confused :D Glad to see him progress like he has. His trajectory has been steep thus far, I can't wait to see how he looks next year with the big club
Yeah I’m just messin around with the title lol. But like you mentioned, we’re hoping he sticks around with the big club so the junior team in the title isn’t even an issue ;)

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Yeah I’m just messin around with the title lol. But like you mentioned, we’re hoping he sticks around with the big club so the junior team in the title isn’t even an issue ;)
As a Bulldogs fan, I'm sure Thomas is done with Jr. Whether he'll make the Blues next year or need a year (or part) in the minors will be determined by depth, not his readiness. He should be good enough to play next year. Had a great season. Could not get anything done last night, but I forgive him that; he gave it everything he had.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
As a Bulldogs fan, I'm sure Thomas is done with Jr. Whether he'll make the Blues next year or need a year (or part) in the minors will be determined by depth, not his readiness. He should be good enough to play next year. Had a great season. Could not get anything done last night, but I forgive him that; he gave it everything he had.

cant play in the minors next year.. its STL or back to junior

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
A year in junior for Robbie isn’t going to gain him anything. Even if the Blues manage some serious offseason moves he needs to be third line Center or RW and get some experience, maybe play 70% of the games if he isn’t quite ready.

It’s imperative he keep on an upwards trend in his development if he’s going to be our 1/2C of the future.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Who's better between him and frost?
Thomas by a mile. Frost has excellent stats, but if you watched any of the Hamilton vs SSM series, it was obvious that Thomas is very far ahead of Frost. Maybe Frost can catch up, but right now Thomas is a much more impactful player.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Thomas by a mile. Frost has excellent stats, but if you watched any of the Hamilton vs SSM series, it was obvious that Thomas is very far ahead of Frost. Maybe Frost can catch up, but right now Thomas is a much more impactful player.

Lol no bias at all coming through there right?

Frost had a phenomenal year. There's a reason he was runner-up for OHL Player of the Year to the 1 year older Jordan Kyrou The entire SSM team hit the wall in that series so to compare 2 prospects based off of one series is total bullshit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad