C Rasmus Kupari - Karpat, Liiga (2018, 20th, LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
What are the chances we see Kupari come over the pond to play for the Soo Greyhounds in the OHL this season?
Honestly I don’t see any chances for that happening. He has got a pretty good position in one of the best FEL teams at the moment. It should be right now the best situation for his development, and I’m pretty sure that he and his agent realize that well.

Reactions: HF92

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Presumably scored his 3rd goal in Liiga off a deflection. It's under review, and it's a goal.
He has a nose for the net.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I wish he got some PP time

It's really annoying when trying to scout prospects that only get to play 5 on 5 and there's a string of penalties for either team.

Kupari looked good tonight, I thought, and was rewarded for going hard to the net. Is it just me or did they move him to center full-time a few games ago? He was definitely playing center tonight but a couple weeks ago I could've sworn I saw him playing wing.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
It's really annoying when trying to scout prospects that only get to play 5 on 5 and there's a string of penalties for either team.

Kupari looked good tonight, I thought, and was rewarded for going hard to the net. Is it just me or did they move him to center full-time a few games ago? He was definitely playing center tonight but a couple weeks ago I could've sworn I saw him playing wing.

Yeah he's been playing center for the past 2 games since Humaloja injured himself last game so there is only 2 natural centers + Kupari on the roster at the moment. Also played one or two games at center a week ago.

The powerplay units have not worked at all really during the whole season. Don't really undertand what Manner is trying to accomplish playing left handed guys on the left side. There is really no options for one timers on either unit.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Didn't watch today's game but he was on a face off circle the game before already. Really rare to see a 17 year old being let to play as a center in the league. Even Kotkaniemi who looks really strong for someone that young is on the wing and on a much weaker team. Barkov is the latest center who played in the league at the same age? Can't remember others. This kid's skating is something else to watch though, especially since he knows how to handle the puck. Been a bit frustrating that the team has held him off both of the PP units so far. They should give him a chance to show what he can do with a man's advantage. Does anyone have a link for the goal?

Not planning to miss this year's WJCs and I'm almost willing to bet he makes the cut.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Can anyone tell if Kupari got injured yesterday or why was he not playing in the second or third?

I think he got stick on the face in the first period or at least it looked like it, then returned on the ice a while later but I didn't see him again after that. Granted, I only watched like maybe half of each period but he didn't seem to come step on the ice again. Didn't find any injury reports about him though, so wondering why he didn't play.

Such a shame he's not used in either power play units. His numbers certainly don't tell the whole story.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Don't really know why he is getting so little icetime with terrible linemates for the most part. Lasu has only scored a few more points in much bigger role yet he keeps getting tons of PP/ES minutes.

He's been really solid at center for the last five games or so. Barely makes any mistakes and always seems to get the pressure to the offensive end. Decent at faceoffs as well, had an assist after 10-0 faceoff win today.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Don't really know why he is getting so little icetime with terrible linemates for the most part. Lasu has only scored a few more points in much bigger role yet he keeps getting tons of PP/ES minutes.

He's been really solid at center for the last five games or so. Barely makes any mistakes and always seems to get the pressure to the offensive end. Decent at faceoffs as well, had an assist after 10-0 faceoff win today.

The first few games of his that I watched he was playing wing. After what I saw of him at the U18s I have to say that I expected more. Since moving to center though he's looked much better, at least to my eyes. I didn't watch today's game yet, though. Not sure what's up with the lack of PP time. Maybe if it's an ''if it ain't broke, don't fix it'' kind of situation.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

Dunno. It's really frustrating to watch. A monkey can see that he's one of the most talented players in the team, but yet the coaches don't seem to trust him with anything.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Dunno. It's really frustrating to watch. A monkey can see that he's one of the most talented players in the team, but yet the coaches don't seem to trust him with anything.

maybe this can be an indication that he is going to be coming to OHL.

I personally think after WJC, Osulun sends him here on a loan like Sandin.

I mean Barret Hayton just caught him in power rankings, he's obviously not getting the same recognition as he would here.... just my 2 cents.

his numbers don't look good either, they would in SSM, especially during a long run for championship and THEN a memorial cup tournament.

ya, would be very good

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Looks like he has returned to u20 league. I doubt it would happen before the WJC camps etc but I wonder what the odds are that he'd join the Greyhounds for the Spring. OHL could be a very good place for his development right now.

Hzzz

May 5, 2012
His stats in finnish junior leagues are not that impressive. Never has been. What's up with that? I haven't been able to follow him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He would be so dumb to head to Canadian juniors, you don't want to be drafted out of there. Look at Adam Boqvist, some even have him second above Svechnikov, the Canadian Juniors star, and Boqvist barely plays in the SHL.

The top prospects need to make sure they keep the pro options open. Kupari should stay pat, and play next season in the AHL. Liiga isn't a good enough league, they have their one chance this season. If they don't want to use him, he can move onto a better league next season, if he's not playing in the NHL.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
He would be so dumb to head to Canadian juniors, you don't want to be drafted out of there. Look at Adam Boqvist, some even have him second above Svechnikov, the Canadian Juniors star, and Boqvist barely plays in the SHL.

The top prospects need to make sure they keep the pro options open. Kupari should stay pat, and play next season in the AHL. Liiga isn't a good enough league, they have their one chance this season. If they don't want to use him, he can move onto a better league next season, if he's not playing in the NHL.

Very arrogant comment, and you are completely ignoring FACTS.

Rasmus Sandin since coming to Canada has ELEVATED his game , big time! I stood with a Buffalo scout last night, and the LOOKS Rasmus is getting is unbelievable.

I disagree with this comment, and think its only because you feel we are STEALING players from European hockey or something....i think staying where he is, will negatively impact his draft rankings and his career. Plain and simple.

SSM is the BEST team in Canada right now, we have the best winning percentage, we are on a 10 game winning streak, with the top elite players. We have Barret Hayton and Rasmus Sandin both touted to go first round...and that would HURT Kupari. Come on... I know i may sound bias in my opinon but lets be honest, him coming to Canada would only be a POSITIVE THING.

I say he gets loaned for the remainder of the year to SSM after the World Juniors, and he goes on a very long and healthy run for the OHL Championship and Memorial Cup...two trophy that have some serious coverage....

I know last night the scouts were PACKING the house .

Selfish comment, you wanna keep a kid from his top game so your league if in a OK state? come on

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo

Rasmus Sandin since coming to Canada has ELEVATED his game , big time! I stood with a Buffalo scout last night, and the LOOKS Rasmus is getting is unbelievable.

I disagree with this comment, and think its only because you feel we are STEALING players from European hockey or something....i think staying where he is, will negatively impact his draft rankings and his career. Plain and simple.

SSM is the BEST team in Canada right now, we have the best winning percentage, we are on a 10 game winning streak, with the top elite players. We have Barret Hayton and Rasmus Sandin both touted to go first round...and that would HURT Kupari. Come on... I know i may sound bias in my opinon but lets be honest, him coming to Canada would only be a POSITIVE THING.

I say he gets loaned for the remainder of the year to SSM after the World Juniors, and he goes on a very long and healthy run for the OHL Championship and Memorial Cup...two trophy that have some serious coverage....

Selfish comment, you wanna keep a kid from his top game so your league if in a OK state? come on
The poster that you are bashing is btw American, so I very highly doubt that he has any interest for what would be good for FEL. And as you are talking about facts, maybe you should embrace the fact that Finnish young players haven’t gone in the middle of the season anywhere, if they have had a spot in a European men’s pro league. Honestly your wishes for him to go to North America still during this season are pretty much unrealistic.

Reactions: 1OApick and HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
The poster that you are bashing is btw American, so I very highly doubt that he has any interest for what would be good for FEL. And as you are talking about facts, maybe you should embrace the fact that Finnish young players haven’t gone in the middle of the season anywhere, if they have had a spot in a European men’s pro league. Honestly your wishes for him to go to North America still during this season are pretty much unrealistic.

I just feel like you really hurt a player by not allowing them to be at the best level they can be.

I think his ranking is falling IMO. Yeah he may still go in the first round but.... its gonna be cool to see Barret Hayton go ahead of him...lol

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Manner said last week that Kärpät is saving him and letting him get ready for the WJC camp which starts in 2 weeks.

He should get a regular spot on the team after the tournament.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Rasmus Sandin first round? :laugh: I wouldn't draft him in the first three rounds. That type of player is in the draft every year, and the results are rarely good. Small defenseman who have good puck skills and good hockey IQ, but can't skate or defend usually end up as really good AHL'ers, but can't ever break into an NHL lineup with any regularity.

I have no favorite development league, my league is the NHL. Its ironic you are saying my comment is selfish because yours is riddled in selfishness. You only seem to care about your team having success in an amateur hockey league, and don't care whats best for Kupari's development.

What good does it do Kupari to play against kids when he's good enough to play against men? Its not that players can't have success coming out of the CHL because many do, but given the option between pro and junior, the option should always be pro, if a player is ready to play pro hockey.

Getting loaned to the CHL this season is better than getting transferred to the CHL, much better. I'm not sure there's any great option for Kupari this season, if he's not going to get games in Liiga. Pick which junior league you prefer. And I'd agree that given the choice between Finnish Juniors and CHL, CHL is a better option as its a better league and it might slightly help his draft position, although many really overrate how the CHL helps the draft position of Europeans. It does for some players, but for others it doesn't. Teams take the players they think will be the best players.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Rasmus Sandin first round? :laugh: I wouldn't draft him in the first three rounds. That type of player is in the draft every year, and the results are rarely good. Small defenseman who have good puck skills and good hockey IQ, but can't skate or defend usually end up as really good AHL'ers, but can't ever break into an NHL lineup with any regularity.

I have no favorite development league, my league is the NHL. Its ironic you are saying my comment is selfish because yours is riddled in selfishness. You only seem to care about your team having success in an amateur hockey league, and don't care whats best for Kupari's development.

What good does it do Kupari to play against kids when he's good enough to play against men? Its not that players can't have success coming out of the CHL because many do, but given the option between pro and junior, the option should always be pro, if a player is ready to play pro hockey.

Getting loaned to the CHL this season is better than getting transferred to the CHL, much better. I'm not sure there's any great option for Kupari this season, if he's not going to get games in Liiga. Pick which junior league you prefer. And I'd agree that given the choice between Finnish Juniors and CHL, CHL is a better option as its a better league and it might slightly help his draft position, although many really overrate how the CHL helps the draft position of Europeans. It does for some players, but for others it doesn't. Teams take the players they think will be the best players.

Valid :)

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Slick Finnish forward, very dangerous with the puck on his stick, always a threat offensively, ISS Hockey 2017
4 points in 19 shl games. Where is this analysis coming from, ISS Hockey? :huh:
Probably the same place as this piece of info :sarcasm: Scoring in Liiga as a draft eligible is pretty weird sometimes. He has been mostly on the third line with some 2nd line time as well, no PP time at all. He has great tools, but he hasn't really fully adjusted to the pro game and has some physical growing to do as well. Looking forward to the junior tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad