C Rasmus Kupari - Karpat, Liiga (2018, 20th, LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quethas

Jan 19, 2010
Tampere
I really like the kid. He was super impressive when I saw him last time.

http://finnprospects.com/player/rasmus-kupari/
Kupari played an impressive game against Tappara. Center played solid two-way game and he was able to play effective checking game in all zones. His positioning was sound, he was able to make some takeaways and was able to cut passes. But the most impressive part of Kupari’s game is his offensive skills. Forward looked extremely confident with the puck and he was able to make effective dekes and he created multiple scoring chances.

However Kupari still has frame to fill up and he could go to the dirty areas more often as he currently relies maybe too much on his stickhandling skills. But on the positive side, his skating looks really smooth already and he has an above average top speed.

At the moment Kupari seems to be one of the most interesting Finns for the 2018 NHL Draft.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Made the U18 team as an underager and will play on the first line today vs Slovakia. Really interesting prosepct for 2018. Could be huge riser next year.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Could he play in Liiga next year? I see him playing in the u20s and then getting a few games in the end of the season.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Could he play in Liiga next year? I see him playing in the u20s and then getting a few games in the end of the season.

He should get 10-20 games but don't really see him playing full season.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Been real good at the U18's. His hands and speed are ridicilous. Needs to improve his shot and finishing but looks really promising so far.

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Not sure if he has NHL upside but he's a warrior. Great backchecking and speed, could become a decent a bottom 6 energy player.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
#34 has impressed with his speed and puck possession... works hard too. Hopefully he grows another inch or two..intriguing prospect for next season.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
He rarely makes mistakes although he is pretty aggressive with the puck and often challenges the D. Has been much wiser with thr puck than Vesalainen for example in this tournament. Very promising player IMO.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Is the top ranked finn on HockeyProspect's early 2018 rankings, ranked #15, nine spots ahead of Kotkaniemi. Only seen that video in OP of him and I have to say he looks impressive. What are his weaknesses aside from fairly average size? He looked pretty complete in that video. Backchecks hard, good wheels, good shot, good stickhandler and passer. Seemingly good hockey sense too, but his production this year doesn't seem that good compared to other top prospects. More flash than substance? Or just someone who needs time?

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Is the top ranked finn on HockeyProspect's early 2018 rankings, ranked #15, nine spots ahead of Kotkaniemi. Only seen that video in OP of him and I have to say he looks impressive. What are his weaknesses aside from fairly average size? He looked pretty complete in that video. Backchecks hard, good wheels, good shot, good stickhandler and passer. Seemingly good hockey sense too, but his production this year doesn't seem that good compared to other top prospects. More flash than substance? Or just someone who needs time?
He played incredibly at the end of the season in Junior-A! His stats were almost as good as Ylönen or Kotkaniemi

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He was by far the best player on the ice and if he can keep this up, he should be rising in rankings quite a bit. He really tilted the ice when he was on the ice and you could feel it when he was gone. He was significantly more impactful than the more highly touted Finnish center in Jesperi Kotkaniemi(Who I believe still did finish 1+0).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->