C Nolan Patrick (2017, 2nd, PHI) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
This is probably in the other thread, but it needs to be posted again.

nolan patrick first goal.jpg

Reactions: Rebels57

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Looked bad. Probably going to be out for awhile. Unfortunately the Flyers knew they were drafting a very injury prone player. Hopefully he is ok.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
That sucks. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. I think Philly should send him back and let him play WJC. He didn't look ready

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It not all about that..it's also about putting yourself in positions to get injured...or not strong enough to take certain hits.
Yep. This his to me looked like a pretty normal play. I'd say that he was playing above his physical capabilities and shouldn't have been playing in NHL yet.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
He was walking around in the press box. Taking him out could've just been precautionary...

Reeks of confirmation bias in here

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It not all about that..it's also about putting yourself in positions to get injured...or not strong enough to take certain hits.

Patrick has had zero issue with taking hits. He's been very strong along the wall. He got whiplashed here; it could happen to anyone.

As far as being injury prone, to my knowledge, he has never had a concussion on record. So it's irrelevant.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Definitely didn't take that hit well at all, hopefully he is okay and learns from it.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Patrick has had zero issue with taking hits. He's been very strong along the wall. He got whiplashed here; it could happen to anyone.

As far as being injury prone, to my knowledge, he has never had a concussion on record. So it's irrelevant.
But that doesn't happen to everyone. How often do you see a player getting injured like that? Never. Lets not make excuses. He's young and he messed up.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Injury prone has nothing to do with it.

Hope the kid's okay and he was just stunned a bit.
Are you denying the assertion that certain people are physically more durable than others? And that certain player's have a style that is more conducive to injuries?

It's not a coincidence that he's never had a season in which he's fully healthy. You're only kidding yourself if you think it's as simple as bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad