C Nolan Patrick - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (2017, 2nd, PHI) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
I am just wondering what would be Don Cherry's opinion on this when goal in between legs is disrespectfull and basically deserves twisted knee.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Lol. Patrick's damage came from when he ripped Krejci's helmet side ways against one of the most non fighters in the NHL. He should not be trying to drop the gloves with anyone in the future.

Krejci is an awful fighter and Patrick showed himself to be even worse.

So Patrick, a kid fresh out of the draft trying to prove himself is wrong here...and the 31 year old 12 year NHL veteran is the smart one? :skeptic:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nolan Patrick has officially made the Philadelphia Flyers.

He will start at 2C while the Giroux on LW experiment continues.

He will be flanked by Jordan Weal and Wayne Simmonds.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Kid has some moxy to get into a fight, especially considering the injuries over the past year. Shows he's there to make the team and be a difference-maker.

Reactions: Rebels57

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
No one should be surprised. Patrick is NHL ready. I think he will be fine this year. He will be another 19 year old rookie this year, which from a mental and physical vantage point will be an advantage for him this year. A real solid good player.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Even if Patrick does end up doing 3rd line duties it won't be bad with Konecny flanking him. Hopefully.

I think that would actually be better for both Patrick, Konecny, and the team.

2C is asking a lot out of a 19 year old that missed 3/4 of last season.

If (and when) the Giroux to LW experiment ends, I expect the lines to change. Patrick may even end up still playing with Weal and Simmonds but as a 3rd line instead of 2nd line.

Most Flyers fans would prefer the opening night Forward lineup to look like this:

Lindblom - Giroux - Voracek
Filppula - Couturier - Konecny
Weal - Patrick - Simmonds
Leier - Laughton - Raffl

Lehtera, Weise scratched - Read waived to AHL or traded

Reactions: Shut Up Flanders

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think that would actually be better for both Patrick, Konecny, and the team.

2C is asking a lot out of a 19 year old that missed 3/4 of last season.

If (and when) the Giroux to LW experiment ends, I expect the lines to change. Patrick may even end up still playing with Weal and Simmonds but as a 3rd line instead of 2nd line.

Most Flyers fans would prefer the opening night Forward lineup to look like this:

Lindblom - Giroux - Voracek
Filppula - Couturier - Konecny
Weal - Patrick - Simmonds
Leier - Laughton - Raffl

Lehtera, Weise scratched - Read waived to AHL or traded

Is Lindblom ready for top line minutes? I think Konecny and Patrick might spend years together and putting them together on a third line might let them develop chemistry. Give them a smart role player as a LW and give them some regular minutes without too many tough matchups and they could finish the season as a strong duo.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Is Lindblom ready for top line minutes? I think Konecny and Patrick might spend years together and putting them together on a third line might let them develop chemistry. Give them a smart role player as a LW and give them some regular minutes without too many tough matchups and they could finish the season as a strong duo.

If Lindblom were to play LW with Giroux and Voracek he wouldn't have to do the heavy lifting. Just win battles along the boards and get to the net, two areas he excels at.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Weal and Simmonds fit Patrick's style pretty well, and that line was fairly successful during the preseason, so I hope it sticks. You can tell Patrick is getting more and more comfortable by the game and giving him consistent linemates should add to his comfort level.

A fairly large issue but not discussed to heavily last year was that Hakstol altered lines way too frequently (cept' that beaut of a 4th line :cry:). Very view lines got any quality time together for more than a dozen games, which may have been a minor factor in our atrocious even strength play.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I read Patrick and Konecny may be linemates. Can Flyers fans confirm?

Not sure where you're getting that from.

He played with Jordan Weal and Wayne Simmonds all preseason and again at practice today. That line appears to be a lock. Weal is basically a LW version of Konecny that plays less physical though.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah Patrick's line seems pretty set in stone. They were not converting as much as we hope, but they created lots of chances and OZ time. So hopefully the goals will come in bunches.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Patrick looked solid. He had a couple nice passes and a couple decent scoring chances. That Weal-Patrick-Simmonds line is great.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Watched a bit of the game last night but McDavid kept reeling me back in :laugh:

From what I saw Patrick was just solid, nearly always in the right position and showed his IQ with some nice passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad