C Nolan Patrick - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (2017, 2nd, PHI) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
He made an even prettier saucer pass earlier in the game that made me sit up in my seat. It was from in tight at the bottom of the circle to Lindblom right in front of the net. It didn't result in a goal but its rare to see a saucer pass with such little time and space, and it almost looked like a trick play.

For his size he can sure move, not a speed burner but above average and just love the little head fake to make the pass to Ghost for the winner. 2.4% ya gotta love it!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Rare to see a kid with such high hockey IQ, and the skillset to take full advantage of it.

Philly is really lucky to have Patrick.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He made an absurd pass again last night. Behind the Bruins net and in traffic he passed the puck between his legs, between a defenders legs, and right into the slot to Simmonds who nearly scored if not for a great save by Rask.

He also moved the puck real well on PP2.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Philly all of a sudden has some fantastic prospects...Patrick and Provorov are two big pieces of a contender.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
How has Patrick played so far? I've snooped around and seen some highlights, seems like he's doing well! Leading up to the draft I grew to really like both potential picks, sucks to see him on Philly :))) but I hope he has a great career. Can't wait for the two to face off against each other

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
He looked a tad sluggish in his first game. But after that he has been great. He is too good not to become a 1A or 1B center.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He looked a tad sluggish in his first game. But after that he has been great. He is too good not to become a 1A or 1B center.

I do think having surgery led to late training and conditioning in the summer. I would expect him to keep getting better as the year goes on. Assuming no surgeries next summer, I expect 2018 to be a bigger jump in points for him.

Regardless, you can already see how smart he is in anticipating the play, making the subtle passes, being in the right spots, etc... Just need his conditioning to catch up to his brain.

So nice to finally have 3 centers again.

Reactions: FlyTimmo

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Patrick dropped the gloves with David Krejci tonight for his first NHL fight. Id call it a draw and both walked away with bloody noses. He also picked up an assist in the game.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
It wasn't really a draw. I thought it was a pretty poor showing. Patrick may want to be careful if he wants to try to push around people because he is very much not a fighter.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It wasn't really a draw. I thought it was a pretty poor showing. Patrick may want to be careful if he wants to try to push around people because he is very much not a fighter.

Lmao so says the Bruins fan.

Both got their shots in. Neither went down. Both had bloody noses. Good fight. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Lol. Patrick's damage came from when he ripped Krejci's helmet side ways against one of the most non fighters in the NHL. He should not be trying to drop the gloves with anyone in the future.

Krejci is an awful fighter and Patrick showed himself to be even worse.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
According to Elliotte Friedman, Patrick would be available to Canada if he returns to junior. Mentioned it in his 31 thoughts column. Although he'll be in the NHL, so its a moot point.

He didn't say that. He gave a hypothetical based off his opinion that those players should be made available. Previously it was put out there (but nothing definite I guess going by what Friedman's saying here) that junior players under NHL contracts would be not allowed just like AHL players under NHL contracts. In any event you're right that it's very likely a moot point with Patrick making the NHL.

11. Burke said that if the world championships taught him one thing, it was to inject some youth. “We took that line of Travis Konecny, Mitch Marner and Brayden Point. They were great for us.” He wouldn’t comment about it further, but that is going to be a gentle negotiation for both Canada and the United States. Will CHL and NCAA teams be willing to release players for the Olympic tournament? It becomes even dicier if those same players already miss time for the World Juniors. My opinion is you have to let them go, but you know there’s going to be pushback — especially in February. Team USA just had the University of Denver’s Troy Terry at its Olympic seminar, a selection that makes a ton of sense. I could see Canada taking a long look at Cale Makar (Colorado) and/or Nolan Patrick (Philadelphia), if available. I’d assume the kids would love to go, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad