C Nico Hischier - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2017, 1st, NJD) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Great escape move behind the net to create the pass for his first NHL point.
Nico is the real deal. Lot's of slick moves in his first game, and a some beautiful moves behind the net now for his first assist.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Good for him the get his first point out of the way. Even tough nobody wants to say it outloud, I feel like a lot of Devils fans expected him to get on the board today...

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Good for him the get his first point out of the way. Even tough nobody wants to say it outloud, I feel like a lot of Devils fans expected him to get on the board today...
Sure, he played great the other night but never got a point, so he had it coming.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
As a Devils fan, I'm just pumped to witness a Datsyuk/Elias-like player again. He gives you a reason to watch night in and night out -- Devils haven't had that in a while.

I hear that. Hockey is so much more fun to watch with a (budding) superstar on your team :)

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It's early, I know... but maybe he just isn't ready yet? It could be good for him to go back to QMJHL for a while. He is clearly unable to play with his strengths in NHL. Another season of QMJHL would probably be very beneficial for him.

I think that it could be a good move to send him down after he plays his 7th game, assuming he still struggles at that point.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
It's early, I know... but maybe he just isn't ready yet? It could be good for him to go back to QMJHL for a while. He is clearly unable to play with his strengths in NHL. Another season of QMJHL would probably be very beneficial for him.

I think that it could be a good move to send him down after he plays his 7th game, assuming he still struggles at that point.

Not sure which games you're watching...

Reactions: bert and vtdevils2k

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017

i disagree, i think the first three games he couldve had multiple points. tonight against the caps was a big let down but they still scored 2. let him stay the whole year and get some reps in against the big boys. at this point the devils are playing with house money. no reason to knock him down a peg.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada

I think he stays in the NHL. He's too talented to go back to Junior. There's not much more he can learn at that level.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
From the sounds of it, appears he had an off game tonight. I still have faith in the kid. His flashes of skill in his previous games is something you can work with.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
From the sounds of it, appears he had an off game tonight. I still have faith in the kid. His flashes of skill in his previous games is something you can work with.

Basically everyone on the Devils had a bad game tonight. This was his first blanatantly bad game. He's a rookie and that's gonna happen some nights.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Basically everyone on the Devils had a bad game tonight. This was his first blanatantly bad game. He's a rookie and that's gonna happen some nights.

Of course. Even if the Devils make a playoff push, they can't view this as anything more than a learning season when it comes to Hischier. He will make mistakes, he will be out of position, he will make bad choices, he will look lost. Forgive him for everything. It's the only way to learn. Trial by fire. He'll be better off for it next season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Caps are a really physical team, and Hischier especially looked soft. He hasn't really had that issue in the previous games since his speed and puck handling has made up for it, but rough one for him tonight. That being said, the whole team looked like ass so I'm hardly putting any blame on the 18 year old rookie.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Holy over reaction.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
He’s been doing the right things, trust me he’s NHL ready. He just hasn’t been getting the puck luck. It’ll come around if he keeps it up. Not sure which games you’ve been watching, he’s been great. If you look at the box score you may not think so.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
He is so slick. Devils fans should definitely be excited about him. Hischier and Patrick will prove plenty of people wrong.

I will say though, it wouldn't hurt him to dominate the Q for another season. Either way, the Devils future is looking brighter than it has in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad