C Morgan Frost (2017, 27th, PHI)

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
That was two weeks ago. I watched them play in Windsor last Thursday.

Anyway, the points are what they are. He finds a way to get on the score sheet. But he's not dominating in any way. Carroll was very good in the game I watched. He's a very steady guy and he knows exactly how to play to his role. He's never going to be a #1 D man but he can competently anchor a top 2 pairing allowing a much more gifted offensive D-man to take over the game. He was the reason why Timmins was able to take the puck up the ice without much care at times.

All that said, it was 1 game.

You did say it was one game.

I swear everytime Tavares used to come to Barrie with the Generals he'd have his worst games. He'd take stupid penalties and just look plain average. Just from watching those games I never got the hype. Then I'd see him on TV playing anyone else, or even the Colts on the road, and he'd be lighting it up.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Consistency seems to be a huge plus. Been shut out in only 9 games out of 64 and was + in 7 of the games he was scoreless.
He is doubling all fwds but one on his team in +3- stat.

Poster pointed out his lack of board play or in tight spots. Could very well turn out into a Max Pacioretty type of player.

But if there is a prospect trending up big time its gotta be Frost. Placing him out of top 10 in redraft list is plain silly.

Reactions: PuckLife

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
That's often just a matter of perception.

Who is going to look more dominant in a shutout, an acrobatic or a blocking goalie? Which forward is going to look more dominant, the one that's frequently in position to prevent dangerous plays from developing or the one that makes a key pokecheck on a scoring chance?

Efficient play is boring play from a spectator's point of view.

You did say it was one game.

I swear everytime Tavares used to come to Barrie with the Generals he'd have his worst games. He'd take stupid penalties and just look plain average. Just from watching those games I never got the hype. Then I'd see him on TV playing anyone else, or even the Colts on the road, and he'd be lighting it up.

Fair points.

Reactions: Juicy Pop

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Last year as a CBJ fan he was a name I thought could have fell to us in the 2nd and was stunned when Philly traded to get that pick and take him especially with 2 of those studs out there still but looks like they knew something we sure didn't as far as going that high is concerned.

As far as this year is concerned do you guys feel this is a kid having a breakout or is just having a career year that will come back to earth. I haven't seen one full game at all and have only seen clips posted in here as far as this year goes as I've focused on CBJ/USA and a few Russian prospects. The poster up above me said a patches comparison... would that be accurate? And if so is that a style Philly might try to refine a little to get him more physical? People said Panarin couldn't play that style and IMO if wings had a fair selke chance I'd strongly believe he'd have a great chance. Do you think frost playing with Couts could learn that 2 way game? Really interested in seeing what you guys think he has a chance to be this kid is a riddle to me because IMO I was thinking a Matt Calvert guy last year. This year in hearing not physical and he is clearly a much better scorer then if ever put Calvert in the catagory of haha.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I remember that feeling the prior draft when Philly moved down from 18 to 22 and Bellows went at 19.
Frost huge +/- seems like 2-way play will be fine.
Line of Giroux, Couturier and Konecny should stay.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Consistency seems to be a huge plus. Been shut out in only 9 games out of 64 and was + in 7 of the games he was scoreless.

Poster pointed out his lack of board play or in tight spots. Could very well turn out into a Max Pacioretty type of player.

But if there is a prospect trending up big time its gotta be Frost. Placing him out of top 10 in redraft list is plain silly.

There are probably 20+ players you can make the argument for being top 10 in a redraft. Saying it's "plain silly" to not have Frost in there is ridiculous at this point.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
There are probably 20+ players you can make the argument for being top 10 in a redraft. Saying it's "plain silly" to not have Frost in there is ridiculous at this point.
Who are the 20? That seems excessive for a +1 redraft sure some risers but there would have to be fallers as well. 12-15........... maaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeee. 20 no.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Who are the 20? That seems excessive for a +1 redraft sure some risers but there would have to be fallers as well. 12-15........... maaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeee. 20 no.

The actual top 10, + Vilardi, Necas, Chytil, Suzuki, Thomas, Vesalainen, Tolvanen, Frost, and probably some others.

Sorry, only 18 off the top of my head you can make an argument for. How silly to not have Frost in the top 10 ;)

Reactions: daa5250

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The actual top 10, + Vilardi, Necas, Chytil, Suzuki, Thomas, Vesalainen, Tolvanen, Frost, and probably some others.

Sorry, only 18 off the top of my head you can make an argument for. How silly to not have Frost in the top 10 ;)
Sorry if that seemed like I was sarcastic or being a dick haha I just honestly wanted to know where you thought people fit because most +1 years there's little movement with 4 or 5 people drafted late pushing some slow starters put of the top say 12 and you can argue a reasonable 12 players in a top 10 and not have to many people disagree but 18 players fighting for 10 spots is like the Getz Kesler Perry draft is what I'll call it because I forget the year haha... 04? The best class of all time is what I'll call it. This class didn't seem special to me talent wise I guess so either that many guys shows it was extremely good or extremely average that they are interchangeble and I'm honestly interested no asshole snarkiness intended of it seems that way!!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

He finished second in scoring for the OHL with 112 points. That’s the highest point totals amassed by a Flyers CHL based prospect in their draft year +1 since Claude Giroux back in 2006-2007. He has the third best PPG average (1.67) in that span behind Giroux (1.78) & Konecny (1.68).

Reactions: Devonator

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Top 10? No way.

He doesnt edge out Hischier, Patrick, Pettersson, Glass, Vilardi, Heiskanen, Makar, Mittlestatd, Necas, Tolvanen, Chytil, Timmins, Andersson, Valimaki, Vesalainen, etc. He probably jumpa up a few spots, theres very littlw fallers in this draft.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Placing him out of top 10 in redraft list is plain silly.

Pump the brakes. He’s barely top 20 in a redraft, which is a big compliment since 2017 has so many good prospects in the mid to late 1st round, and other risers who increased their stock with their draft+1 seasons.

Last edited:

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I like this dude, what's his potential? 2C?
I'd say with his high IQ, skating, and passing, (with a very good shot to boot) he has 1st line potential

He's behind Couturier (25 y/o) and Patrick (same age as Frost) on the depth chart so we'll see how high he actually climbs. But i could see him and Patrick being a 1A 1B in the future like Krecji and Bergeron were for Boston for a few years

Reactions: 99664987

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->