C Morgan Frost (2017, 27th, PHI)

x DeCruze

Dec 7, 2012
Who is a good comparable for him? The only one I have seen so far is Stalberg.

Is it safe to say he has surpassed Rubtsov on their depth chart?
In what way does he remind you off Stalberg or the comparison you saw? Seems way off considering they're not even close to similar size.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What? I was told in another thread today that he would go #30 in a re-draft.

True story.

0r6zE_s-200x150.gif

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Couldn't believe we got Patrick in the first place & now you add potentially the steal of the draft on top of that, futures looking good in Philly!

His +/- along with his point total has really got my attention. He is a skinny dude and before I anoint him the second coming I need to see him play with the big boys. Time will tell and I am cheering for him. With Patrick starting to round into form the future is bright in Philly.

Reactions: Provocop

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
His +/- along with his point total has really got my attention. He is a skinny dude and before I anoint him the second coming I need to see him play with the big boys. Time will tell and I am cheering for him. With Patrick starting to round into form the future is bright in Philly.

the +/- is good but keep in mind the entire team is crazy positive and is a powerhouse. still a huge number

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
That play reminds me of a goal McDavid routinely scored in Erie (not comparing the two at all just how that goal looked like one he’d pull off).

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Caught the SSM Windsor game last week and didn't come away that impressed with Morgan Frost. Maybe my expectations were too high but for a guy that's sitting at 100+ points he seems to be a very passive player. He doesn't like to go to the dirty area and he hesitated going anywhere near the boards. He just mostly lurks around waiting for his chance to pounce.

I hope it was just an off game for the kid but I don't think that playing style is going to get him too far in the big leagues.

The two players that really stood out to me on the SSM side were Katchouk and the D man Carroll. I thought Timmins was okay but nothing spectacular and Taylor Raddysh was just horrible. The kid has a rocket of a shot but nothing else going for him. He mostly spent the game floating in the neutral zone.

Reactions: Frolov 6'3

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Caught the SSM Windsor game last week and didn't come away that impressed with Morgan Frost. Maybe my expectations were too high but for a guy that's sitting at 100+ points he seems to be a very passive player. He doesn't like to go to the dirty area and he hesitated going anywhere near the boards. He just mostly lurks around waiting for his chance to pounce.

I hope it was just an off game for the kid but I don't think that playing style is going to get him too far in the big leagues.

The two players that really stood out to me on the SSM side were Katchouk and the D man Carroll. I thought Timmins was okay but nothing spectacular and Taylor Raddysh was just horrible. The kid has a rocket of a shot but nothing else going for him. He mostly spent the game floating in the neutral zone.

:laugh:

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009

SSM played Windsor March 4th: 5-2 SSM.
Frost 2nd star. 2 pts, 6 shots +3, 23-5 in fow.
Carroll finished -2

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
SSM played Windsor March 4th: 5-2 SSM.
Frost 2nd star. 2 pts, 6 shots +3, 23-5 in fow.
Carroll finished -2
That was two weeks ago. I watched them play in Windsor last Thursday.

Anyway, the points are what they are. He finds a way to get on the score sheet. But he's not dominating in any way. Carroll was very good in the game I watched. He's a very steady guy and he knows exactly how to play to his role. He's never going to be a #1 D man but he can competently anchor a top 2 pairing allowing a much more gifted offensive D-man to take over the game. He was the reason why Timmins was able to take the puck up the ice without much care at times.

All that said, it was 1 game.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
That was two weeks ago. I watched them play in Windsor last Thursday.

Anyway, the points are what they are. He finds a way to get on the score sheet. But he's not dominating in any way. Carroll was very good in the game I watched. He's a very steady guy and he knows exactly how to play to his role. He's never going to be a #1 D man but he can competently anchor a top 2 pairing allowing a much more gifted offensive D-man to take over the game. He was the reason why Timmins was able to take the puck up the ice without much care at times.

All that said, it was 1 game.

That's often just a matter of perception.

Who is going to look more dominant in a shutout, an acrobatic or a blocking goalie? Which forward is going to look more dominant, the one that's frequently in position to prevent dangerous plays from developing or the one that makes a key pokecheck on a scoring chance?

Efficient play is boring play from a spectator's point of view.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Looking like a top 10 pick in a re-draft. Maybe top 5. I dont think anybody expected that kind of production considering he had an average 62pts in 67gp. Though, he was 17 years old.

Reactions: 99664987

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad