C Morgan Frost (2017, 27th, PHI)

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
It’s crazy that no one is talking about him as well. He might be one of the fastest riser over the past 3 years.

Not only is he the first player in the CHL to hit 90 points, but he’s a +52. Playing and scoring at even strength.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kitten Mittens

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It’s crazy that no one is talking about him as well. He might be one of the fastest riser over the past 3 years. He was a 4th round round for the AHL.

Not onl6 is he the first player in the PHL to his 90 points, but he’s a +52: playing and scoring at even strength.
3pt night to re-take the OHL scoring lead. And now +54....next best is +40.

Almost guaranteed to finish top 3 in OHL scoring since he has a 17 pt lead over #4.

Reactions: Devonator

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Any chance frost challenges for a roster spot with the Flyers next year? Im not sure of Phillys roster situation. Curious if there is any potential the Soo loses him after this year .

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah some thinks he could be ready, like Konecny was. But will Philly ride with Couts, Patrick, Frost and Laughton at C? I don't see it. Adding a reliable, vet C as a stopgap that the coach can overuse seems more likely.

Playing an extra year in Jr would be my expectation.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Given his size and the Flyers depth at C, I would like to see Frost move to wing in the NHL. Any OHL fans know if he seems suited for it?

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
I want him to go Europe for a year to play with men like matthews did

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Given his size and the Flyers depth at C, I would like to see Frost move to wing in the NHL. Any OHL fans know if he seems suited for it?

It’s really not hard to transition from center to winger. A lot of forwards in the NHL had to do it with being center’s at the lower levels.

The Flyers should give him enough opportunities to stick down the middle though.

Reactions: 99664987

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Any chance frost challenges for a roster spot with the Flyers next year? Im not sure of Phillys roster situation. Curious if there is any potential the Soo loses him after this year .
Given his slight frame, I think it's almost certain he goes back to the Soo next year. Lead the team again, play WJC, make another run at MCup somewhere and fill out a bit. To make the Flyers, he's going to have to take a spot from all the guys on the Phantoms and any potential college additions too.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Giroux Couturier Konecny
Lindblom Patrick Voracek
Ratcliffe Frost Allison
Rubstov Vorobyev Aube-Kubel
Twarynski Laczynski Kase
Strome Marody Sushko
Cates Bunnaman Lycksell

And to think, the Flyers have 2 1st rounders in which 1 will be used on a F for sure. And still has Simmonds yet to trade for futures too.

:nod:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Who is a good comparable for him? The only one I have seen so far is Stalberg.

Is it safe to say he has surpassed Rubtsov on their depth chart?

A stylistic comparison for Frost is probably someone like Krejci.

Yes, it's safe to say he has easily surpassed Rubtsov in the pecking order of Flyers prospects.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Who is a good comparable for him? The only one I have seen so far is Stalberg.

Is it safe to say he has surpassed Rubtsov on their depth chart?
Frost/Myers are the top 2 prospects of Sanheim is not considered one anymore.

Rubstov is behind others as well.

TH1Pool

Apr 22, 2006
Lancaster, PA
Were the Flyers the only team that rated Frost so highly? It almost seems like they knew something no one else did when they traded Schenn for the Frost draft pick AND another 1st rounder next year.

62 pts in 67 games was okay, but no way first round numbers. And then just like that he now has 100pts in 60 games at age 18. Those are Top 5 pick numbers IMO.

Kind of reminds me of when they drafted Travis Sanheim in the first following a year where his stats were absolutely mediocre. Then he just exploded with production.

Great scouting, I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad