C Michael McLeod - Mississauga Steelheads, OHL (2016, 12th, NJD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
7 points against the 1st place team in their conference but that doesn't count against the narrative that he can't perform against top teams because now we will define top teams differently.

Mike27Devils

Apr 24, 2015
Don't get your hopes up. He's only going to amount to a bottom 6 role in the NHL apparently...
We'll find out soon.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Logan Brown 2016-17, 13 goals 35 points in 30 games, 1.17 PPG.

Michael McLeod 2016-17, 19 goals 59 points in 47 games, 1.26 PPG.

This 7 point game is the difference from him being below Brown to being above Brown. :laugh:

Seems kind of dumb to throw numbers out like that with little context.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
This 7 point game is the difference from him being below Brown to being above Brown. :laugh:

Seems kind of dumb to throw numbers out like that with little context.

Those are their full season numbers. It doesn't matter how they're distributed.

Maybe Logan Brown will have a hot stretch and things will change, but it's worth pointing out. Especially with how ridiculed the Devils have been for trading back and taking McLeod over Brown.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Those are their full season numbers. It doesn't matter how they're distributed.

Maybe Logan Brown will have a hot stretch and things will change, but it's worth pointing out. Especially with how ridiculed the Devils have been for trading back and taking McLeod over Brown.
Brown's season looks like a write-off unless he is key in the Memorial cup. He's been battling injuries all year. McLeod seems much safer, but Brown still possesses the higher upside due to the rarity of his skill set.

McLeod's a good kid who works hard, I'd love to see him prove my estimation of him wrong. But, I still have trouble projecting him above a 3rd line center with a strong penalty kill player. He might be a good 2nd line center with the proper wingers to cover up some of his deficiencies in the offensive zone.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Brown's season looks like a write-off unless he is key in the Memorial cup. He's been battling injuries all year. McLeod seems much safer, but Brown still possesses the higher upside due to the rarity of his skill set.

McLeod's a good kid who works hard, I'd love to see him prove my estimation of him wrong. But, I still have trouble projecting him above a 3rd line center with a strong penalty kill player. He might be a good 2nd line center with the proper wingers to cover up some of his deficiencies in the offensive zone.

Sounds like Zajac. Which I would honestly be fine with.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I hope it never becomes a McLeod vs Brown thing, I'd like to see both become good players. It was more of an organizational philosophy valuing elite speed over size in why the decision was made I think. Getting a 3rd that turned into Brandon Gignac was nice as well.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Wow McLeod had a 6 point night. Elite 1st liner confirmed.

No and no one has ever said that. He's got legit play making ability, is one of the fastest prospects around and could easily become a second line center which I expect as do most Devils fans. He fits perfectly with what we're trying to do, as opposed to Logan Brown who's the opposite of the type of players were trying to aquire. Brown fits the Senators perfectly since it seems they're gonna play a trap style of hockey that wears others players down. We're very happy with what we got in McLeod and his linemate Bastian as well who I think will both be NHL players in the future.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Sounds like Zajac. Which I would honestly be fine with.

A faster Zajac is the type of player I'd take in a heart beat. Also think he'll e a better playmaker. Travis has a better shot but he never uses it for reasons we'll never know.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
And that's exactly what everyone's been saying he'd be isn't it?

Not in exactly those words but yeah...Obviously I get that some of it is said a bit jokingly but still. It just annoys me when people use small sample sizes to draw definite conclusions about a prospect. It's an insult to the (knowledgeable) people on these boards who actually watch these prospects play and have a well-grounded opinion on them.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Not in exactly those words but yeah...Obviously I get that some of it is said a bit jokingly but still. It just annoys me when people use small sample sizes to draw definite conclusions about a prospect. It's an insult to the (knowledgeable) people on these boards who actually watch these prospects play and have a well-grounded opinion on them.

I think anytime a top prospect has 7 point or 6 point night it should be noted. Considering the comparison to Logan Brown is what I assume your're getting at they were even ppg wise before this game, and within one game McLeod separated himself by quite a bit PPG wise. Plus the fact we got Gignac and McLeod by movin down a spot and letting the sens take the so called "better prospect" that never fit wth what were trying to build here anyway, should always be takin into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad