C Mathias Emilio Pettersen (2018, 167th, CGY; traded to DAL)

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There’s a better chance of him being undrafted/making the NHL than being better than Zucc, if he had that potential he’d go top 15
Development is not linear, so it is completely unfair to say that he's more likely to be undrafted than become Zuc. I agree that if he had Zuccarello's potential, he would absolutely be a 1st rounder, however just because he hasn't shown it consistently doesn't mean he doesn't have it either. Again, development is not linear so he might be a more late bloomer. It more comes down to probability if he ever becomes that sort of player, though not very hyped he still has had a solid season. He has gotten to the same point total as last year in 20 less games showing there is improvement. That is all you'll like to see, improvement even if it's in small bundles instead of giant leaps. Improve is still improvement.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Development is not linear, so it is completely unfair to say that he's more likely to be undrafted than become Zuc. I agree that if he had Zuccarello's potential, he would absolutely be a 1st rounder, however just because he hasn't shown it consistently doesn't mean he doesn't have it either. Again, development is not linear so he might be a more late bloomer. It more comes down to probability if he ever becomes that sort of player, though not very hyped he still has had a solid season. He has gotten to the same point total as last year in 20 less games showing there is improvement. That is all you'll like to see, improvement even if it's in small bundles instead of giant leaps. Improve is still improvement.
This is a very strong argument against drafting MEP in the earlier rounds. First, one concedes that development isn't linear. Some players improve in small bundles, and some in giant leaps. Then one basically concedes that he is not improving in giant leaps (he isn't). Draft prospects are expected to improve in giant leaps. Then the possibility is raised that some players are late bloomers. This is true, some players do develop later than others. Now let's consider this practically. MEP is a child prodigy. He's had all of the best training and development opportunities ever since he was a young child. The suggestion is that he could be an early bloomer and a late bloomer, and that he could have large untapped reserves of potential that weren't unlocked by the training and development opportunities he has received in the past decade. I find the possibilities highly unlikely.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Now let's consider this practically. MEP is a child prodigy. He's had all of the best training and development opportunities ever since he was a young child. The suggestion is that he could be an early bloomer and a late bloomer, and that he could have large untapped reserves of potential that weren't unlocked by the training and development opportunities he has received in the past decade. I find the possibilities highly unlikely.
He played in Norway until he was 15... he has not had the best training and development possibilities. Might still be an early bloomer for sure, but he's had to play against much older children until he moved to have competition, and that's far from ideal.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
He played in Norway until he was 15... he has not had the best training and development possibilities. Might still be an early bloomer for sure, but he's had to play against much older children until he moved to have competition, and that's far from ideal.
Every kid in Europe who has a lick of potential plays up, there's nothing special about that or non-ideal about that. The notion in itself is absurd. Did Rasmus Dahlin come from a sub-ideal circumstance? Some people go so far as to argue that the Euro systems that play players up are better.

When you're tabbed a prodigy or given the status he was given you have a lot more access to invitational opportunities like camps and skills coaches, as well as agents to guide in career-planning. A kid who is mediocre at a young age would never be able to access such opportunities.

Talisman

Nov 7, 2015
any currant status of this guy??. how he"s doing and does he have the HYPE still...:).

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
Lot of bull****. You wouldn't have said the same thing on McDavid's thread...

Why would I lie? As a personal rule I REFUSE to read any thread of a prospect who is not in his draft year, McDavid included. There are enough prospect threads for draft eligible players to keep me occupied. This prospect's thread was created in 2006 for Christ's sake!

If you choose not to believe me, go find a post of mine dated before his draft year. Take your time, I'll wait...

Jeremy Hronek

Aug 18, 2009
chilliwack , bc
Why would I lie? As a personal rule I REFUSE to read any thread of a prospect who is not in his draft year, McDavid included. There are enough prospect threads for draft eligible players to keep me occupied. This prospect's thread was created in 2006 for Christ's sake!

If you choose not to believe me, go find a post of mine dated before his draft year. Take your time, I'll wait...
I think this thread is incredible and it has been a fun ride following his progress for the last 10+ years. We are now going to see him get drafted which is very surprising. Most of these YouTube sensations never amount to anything. The fact that this thread has remained active is awesome.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I think this thread is incredible and it has been a fun ride following his progress for the last 10+ years. We are now going to see him get drafted which is very surprising. Most of these YouTube sensations never amount to anything. The fact that this thread has remained active is awesome.

Are there any other kids, that were promoted such young?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Patrick Koys was talked about at a very young age.

Jayce Hawryluk was written up at a very young age, but I don't think he had a thread here until he was in junior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->