C Mathias Emilio Pettersen (2018, 167th, CGY; traded to DAL)

Dagh

Dec 10, 2007
Soon their will be "Pettersen will be better than Forsberg and Lidström"-quotes like the ones saying that Ödegaard will surpass Zlatan flying around :D hohoho... Oh, Norway and their little brother complex..

Btw, heard there were a norweigian podcast stating that Zuccarello are better then every swede in the NHL right now. Whats up with Norway always comparing their athletes with swedes?

There will always be the odd Norwegian with a complex, making comparisons like that, much like there will always be the odd Swede with a complex, trying to turn those odd Norwegians into a national complex. :sarcasm:

TheSanny

May 11, 2011
Here's a little update about MEP.

According to EliteProspects he has 65 pts in 40 games in Midget. I know EliteProspects are slow with stats from junior leagues, so if anybody has newer stats, that would be great.
He's gotten a lot bigger also, 6'0" and 174 lbs.

As previously mentioned he will play for Omaha in the USHL next season before committing to the University of Denver.

In addition to this he is selected to play in the USPHL All-Star game, January 18th.

Highlights from last season (Norwegian newspaper) http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/123323/se-emilio-briljere-paa-isen

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015

According to EliteProspects he has 65 pts in 40 games in Midget. I know EliteProspects are slow with stats from junior leagues, so if anybody has newer stats, that would be great.

As previously mentioned he will play for Omaha in the USHL next season before committing to the University of Denver.

In addition to this he is selected to play in the USPHL All-Star game, January 18th.

Highlights from last season (Norwegian newspaper) http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/123323/se-emilio-briljere-paa-isen

seems like he doesn't know what a crisp pass is just floats em to his teamates

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
seems like he doesn't know what a crisp pass is just floats em to his teamates

First, this thread comes off very stalkerish. He was 6 when this was created. :help:

Second, regarding those floaters, there was almost no one covering the point. He had all day to make those passes. Why make them crisp? Plus maybe his teammates aren't on his level and usually can't handle his crisp passes.

He's 15. I feel weird enough talking about him as it is. How can you criticize a 15 year old?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

He's gotten tall really fast, you never know where some of these kids will top out heightwise.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Hahahaha I can't believe it's been a thread since he was a child LOL.

He should thank hfboards when he gets drafted :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dec 13, 2010
He's gotten tall really fast, you never know where some of these kids will top out heightwise.

He's definitely not 6'0. More like 5'10.
Kid is very skilled, he can definitely make a crisp pass but as you can tell he's a finesse player first and foremost. He'll be great in the USHL.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Just watched the video and the competition doesn't look strong at all, kind of wish he would have come to the GTHL would have been interesting to gauge him amongst many of the top prospects in Ontario.

Dec 13, 2010
Just watched the video and the competition doesn't look strong at all, kind of wish he would have come to the GTHL would have been interesting to gauge him amongst many of the top prospects in Ontario.

This past December SKS played: Compuware, Honeybaked, Oakland Grizzlies, Belle Tire, Buffalo Regals, Buffalo Jr Sabres, Carolina Jr Hurricanes. Impressive schedule if you ask me.

Also remember that those highlights are him playing as an '00 in a league that was mostly '98s. Whether it's the best players or not it's his first season in North America playing against older players and dominating. Also, Team Comcast and Syracuse Stars from the USPHL also made it to US Tier I Nationals last year. The league is hit or miss. Some really good teams, some not so good.

TheSanny

May 11, 2011
I forgot to mention that he will represent Team Norway in the Youth Olympics next month.
Norway will obviously get their ***** kicked but it will be interesting to see how MEP will perform on a horrible team against the best U-16 national teams in the world.

gumby and pokey

Nov 20, 2013
PEI/PQ
View attachment 87141
here's a little update about mep.

According to eliteprospects he has 65 pts in 40 games in midget. I know eliteprospects are slow with stats from junior leagues, so if anybody has newer stats, that would be great.

As previously mentioned he will play for omaha in the ushl next season before committing to the university of denver.

In addition to this he is selected to play in the usphl all-star game, january 18th.

Highlights from last season (norwegian newspaper) http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/123323/se-emilio-briljere-paa-isen

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Is it likely he sticks around to honor his commitment? I just don't see it, its very rare for high end talent to stay in the USHL unless they are in the USNDP program. Seems it would make the most sense for him to go to the CHL or join a Swedish league team.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Is it likely he sticks around to honor his commitment? I just don't see it, its very rare for high end talent to stay in the USHL unless they are in the USNDP program. Seems it would make the most sense for him to go to the CHL or join a Swedish league team.

If he's here hard for me to imagine he will go back, CHL is very much a possibility but I hope he honours his commitment.

Nikola Tesla

Oct 13, 2015
Europe
Other than the FO stats I'm not surprised at all. Tough to do anything with sub-par teammates tbh. And Finland is good too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad