C Mathias Emilio Pettersen (2018, 167th, CGY; traded to DAL)

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Samuelsson?? Would like to know more about him. You should post some info in the 2018 prospect thread. Also MEP looks like he is really getting use to na hockey and could be ready for another huge season

Mattias is a beast.. very athletic righty who can skate for days. Physical and relentless offensively with a hell of a shot. Kjell's kid. Michigan bound

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Mattias is a beast.. very athletic righty who can skate for days. Physical and relentless offensively with a hell of a shot. Kjell's kid. Michigan bound

Were do you see him as of now. Top 10-15 pick? Also how does he compare to Wilde, Merkley, Hughes, or any other top 2000 defenseman thats on radar as of now

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Were do you see him as of now. Top 10-15 pick? Also how does he compare to Wilde, Merkley, Hughes, or any other top 2000 defenseman thats on radar as of now

He compares favorably to everyone but Wilde and could be just as good as Wilde by then. Wilde is more polished but Samuelsson has some raw potential - still pretty polished himself as well, though. Maybe even a better skater than Bode but they both can skate for days. The crazy thing about Mattias to me is how big and fluid he is at 15 and may not even be done growing. Kjell was a legit 6'7 and Mattias is like almost 200 pounds right now and still kind of lanky at 6'3. Unlike Kjell, Mattias definitely has offensive upside.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
As far as longevity goes this is the longest I've kept track of a single prospect, and he's not eligible for another few drafts :laugh:

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Haha, absolutely insane this prospect thread is almost a decade old and he's still a prospect.

Yeah I started watching Pettersen videos here when he was 8. Crazy to think that he'll be a prospect for at least another 3-4 years. I really hope he becomes an NHL player, it'll be cool to have watched him for so long and then see him succeed.

snizzbone*

Yeah I started watching Pettersen videos here when he was 8. Crazy to think that he'll be a prospect for at least another 3-4 years. I really hope he becomes an NHL player, it'll be cool to have watched him for so long and then see him succeed.

Media will have a field day with it too. HFBoards is going to be named dropped by so many haha. We've "Pierre'd" this kid.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008

I can already hear Duthie narrating a piece about Pettersen being a youtube sensation.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
The Ødegaard of hockey. Big praise, Norway :)

Soon their will be "Pettersen will be better than Forsberg and Lidström"-quotes like the ones saying that Ödegaard will surpass Zlatan flying around :D hohoho... Oh, Norway and their little brother complex..

Btw, heard there were a norweigian podcast stating that Zuccarello are better then every swede in the NHL right now. Whats up with Norway always comparing their athletes with swedes?

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Watched Pettersen a few weeks ago when the Selects came to Fraser Michigan. Fun player to watch. Good amount of skill. During that weekend, he was a top two player on his team (Farabee being the top player). Great feet and quick hands. Tenacious on the forecheck. Annoying to play against for other teams.
Will be interesting to see how he progresses over the next few seasons.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Actual stats found here.

Not bad - 18 + 23 in 28 games. But only 4th in his team.

That was last year's stats.

This season he is 5th on his team with 4 goals and 6 assists in 8 games.

But they play a lot of games outside USPHL, so don't put too much into those stats.

KK91

Jan 7, 2009
Would love to see this kid in one of the CHL leagues in his lifetime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->