C Marco Rossi - Ottawa 67’s, OHL (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Austria was overpowered by France in the first game of the DIV I WJC and lost 6-1, but Rossi scored the only goal for Austria.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Austria barely managed to avoid relegation from Div I by beating Hungary 5-2 after losing all other games. Rossi had 2g 2a in the game.

deepdark

Sep 27, 2015
Subwoofer
He had a pretty good season in Elite A and NLB.

Not the best video but it's something.

Also playing in the Elite A Finals this weekend.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I could see Halifax going for him at the Import Draft, looking at their track reccord with players from the swiss junior system.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Does it matter though, if the player lets teams know he won't report for any other club than Halifax?

If he lets teams know he would only report to Halifax he’ll be gone early. It means he has some interest so a lot of teams would try to convince him. You know Halifax isn’t the only good organization in the CHL?

When Mooseheads drafted their last few stars they had top picks to do so.

2017 #11 Zadina
2016 #6 Hischier
2013 #6 Ehlers #12 Meier

Edit: Halifax has 43th, right behind London at 42th

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Why wouldn't he go to Saint John who have the 1st pick?

I know that there are other attractive teams in the QMJHL and the other Canadian junior leagues and it is certainly a possiblity that he signs with one of them, i just feel that if Halifax was interested, he would want to sign with them for their strong track record with prospects out of the Swiss junior system alone (Ehlers, Meier etc.) Furthermore, Halifax currently has a strong team that could go deep in the playoffs for years to come. I am pretty sure he would prefer a situation like that compared to a rebuilding team...

If he lets teams know he would only report to Halifax he’ll be gone early. It means he has some interest so a lot of teams would try to convince him. You know Halifax isn’t the only good organization in the CHL?

When Mooseheads drafted their last few stars they had top picks to do so.

2017 #11 Zadina
2016 #6 Hischier
2013 #6 Ehlers #12 Meier

Edit: Halifax has 43th, right behind London at 42th

Well Zadina went 11th Overall last year but was easily the second best and desired player in the draft behind Svechnikov. Kootenay Ice from the WHL picked 3rd Overall and selected Gilian Kohler who has 19 points to his name this season. They did this beacause they knew Zadina would never report for them. Now I don't know if any team would pick a players rights for the sole purpose that another team could not get said player, or if this is considered a dick move around the League. I am by no means an expert when it comes to the CHL and the Import Draft. But from what I have picked up from being a casual hockey fan, it seems to me that the players and their agents are holding all the bargening chips, when it comes to the Draft and not the teams.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Well Zadina went 11th Overall last year but was easily the second best and desired player in the draft behind Svechnikov. Kootenay Ice from the WHL picked 3rd Overall and selected Gilian Kohler who has 19 points to his name this season. They did this beacause they knew Zadina would never report for them. Now I don't know if any team would pick a players rights for the sole purpose that another team could not get said player, or if this is considered a dick move around the League. I am by no means an expert when it comes to the CHL and the Import Draft. But from what I have picked up from being a casual hockey fan, it seems to me that the players and their agents are holding all the bargening chips, when it comes to the Draft and not the teams.

There are always teams that take chances with high end players even if they don't have a commitment from them. I'm just saying it will be tougher for Halifax to get Rossi at the rank they're drafting, not impossible, just more difficult. Halifax doesn't have a history of selecting that kind of player later in the draft. I guess we'll see. Back then it was easier, teams could trade for import picks but not anymore. Halifax has finished at the bottom of the standings in the last few years, that's why they could pick Hischier and Zadina so high.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
There are always teams that take chances with high end players even if they don't have a commitment from them. I'm just saying it will be tougher for Halifax to get Rossi at the rank they're drafting, not impossible, just more difficult. Halifax doesn't have a history of selecting that kind of player later in the draft. I guess we'll see. Back then it was easier, teams could trade for import picks but not anymore. Halifax has finished at the bottom of the standings in the last few years, that's why they could pick Hischier and Zadina so high.

Yeah I guess we'll have to wait and see. I wasn't even aware of the draft order when I made my comment, I just thought it would be good match for both parties...

Regarding the trading clausle tough: Wouldn't you think there are ways to work around this rule with some kind of backdoor-deal?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Yeah I guess we'll have to wait and see. I wasn't even aware of the draft order when I made my comment, I just thought it would be good match for both parties...

Regarding the trading clausle tough: Wouldn't you think there are ways to work around this rule with some kind of backdoor-deal?

What kind of deal you’re thinking about? 1st year Euros can’t be traded.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
What kind of deal you’re thinking about? 1st year Euros can’t be traded.

Something along the lines of trading a player to another team for less assets than he's normally worth, if that team restrains from picking a favoured player like Zadina/Rossi in the Import Draft. But as you said, when you only pick in the 40's range, you would have to deal with several other teams to make that happen. In Rossi's case, he might even wait a year until his rights can be traded tough. He is a late birthday and not eligible for the NHL Draft until 2020.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Something along the lines of trading a player to another team for less assets than he's normally worth, if that team restrains from picking a favoured player like Zadina/Rossi in the Import Draft. But as you said, when you only pick in the 40's range, you would have to deal with several other teams to make that happen. In Rossi's case, he might even wait a year until his rights can be traded tough. He is a late birthday and not eligible for the NHL Draft until 2020.

That's impossible because Halifax can only trade with teams in the QMJHL so they would have to make a deal with the 14 Q teams in front of them and hope the other 28 WHL-OHL teams don't draft him.

No GMs in their right mind would draft Rossi, keep him for a year, and then trade him to Halifax.

Only way is they get lucky and can draft him at 43.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->