C Marco Rossi - Ottawa 67’s, OHL (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
Any insight from Swiss posters who have knowledge about the ZSC organisation? How far can he get in this system and what would the next better challenge be for him? NLB with GCK? He'll be 16 when the new season starts, too early? Or will he eventually leave for North America?

Last edited by a moderator:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Any insight from Swiss posters who have knowledge about the ZSC organisation? How far can he get in this system and what would the next better challenge be for him? NLB with GCK? He'll be 16 when the new season starts, too early? Or will he eventually leave for North America?
Mmh, I won't disseminate transfer rumors haha but yes, if they want him to play NLB he can and he does plan on eventually leaving for North America, playing in the CHL so forth like most kids in the region.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How does the Swiss u20 league compare to Finnish Jr. A SM-Liiga? I assume it's somewhat weaker? Just so I can have a relatively good idea of where he might stand.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Looked at some of his goals and assists from this tournament and he looks impressive. Not the biggest guy but protects the puck really well, high IQ and great hands. Here's an assist against Hungary U20:

giphy.gif

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think he's talking about Hischier, developed in said Swiss system.

Agreed, that's how I read it as well.

I also agree that while Rossi is a great prospect, 2020 is looking like the Lafreniere draft.

After 2017 was a major disappointment, at least 2018 and 2020 are looking pretty great. Potentially 2019 as well.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
1 swiss hockey really starting to churn out talent

2 In 20 years of turning up the heat, already able to get a 1st OA. :handclap:

3 Still, it's Switzerland who is developing him. Ehlers, a Dane, same thing. Switzerland's youth movement is firing on all cylinders.

2 months after the draft, in a thread about a potential top5 player in the 2020 draft that is not Hischier, not making the link with Hischier in a post without a hockey player name or a year is facepalm worthy?

Follow the conversation above. In a logical way, that is.

In response to 1, which was a general comment describing Swiss hockey producing high level young players (he was NOT talking specifically about Rossi), I replied (2) that in 20 years (1997-2017) of really prioritizing the youth movement in Switzerland, the system already produced a first overall draft pick. As in getting that first overall was a done thing. Now, who else but Hischier has been a Swiss first overall pick?

I even added further on the same wavelength with statement 3 ("Switzerland's youth movement is firing on all cylinders").

How all this somehow managed to escape your thought process and instead made you come to the conclusion that this was me talking about a specific player + forecasting his future, beats me. And it also beats two other posters who also told you that you were completely wrong in your interpretation (they got it right!).
I understand misunderstanding completely something: it happens to everyone, sometimes. I also understand misunderstanding something THAT EVIDENT too, because again we're human beings and therefore prone to mistakes. What I don't understand is somehow try to defend it further. Just say "my bad" and move on.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Follow the conversation above. In a logical way, that is.

In response to 1, which was a general comment describing Swiss hockey producing high level young players (he was NOT talking specifically about Rossi), I replied (2) that in 20 years (1997-2017) of really prioritizing the youth movement in Switzerland, the system already produced a first overall draft pick. As in getting that first overall was a done thing. Now, who else but Hischier has been a Swiss first overall pick?

I even added further on the same wavelength with statement 3 ("Switzerland's youth movement is firing on all cylinders").

How all this somehow managed to escape your thought process and instead made you come to the conclusion that this was me talking about a specific player + forecasting his future, beats me. And it also beats two other posters who also told you that you were completely wrong in your interpretation (they got it right!).
I understand misunderstanding completely something: it happens to everyone, sometimes. I also understand misunderstanding something THAT EVIDENT too, because again we're human beings and therefore prone to mistakes. What I don't understand is somehow try to defend it further. Just say "my bad" and move on.

I asked why it was facepalm worthy. Anyway, my bad.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Still, it's Switzerland who is developing him. Ehlers, a Dane, same thing. Switzerland's youth movement is firing on all cylinders.

I have very high hopes for Valentin Nussbaumer, a 2019 eligible. I don't think there's that much separation between him and Rossi. The coach of EHC Biel said he would at least start the season in the NLA with the senior team. I predict he's a guy who will have a popular thread here this time next year.

Nico Gross is an intriguing prospect too, it'll be interesting to see how he does in the OHL.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
I have very high hopes for Valentin Nussbaumer, a 2019 eligible. I don't think there's that much separation between him and Rossi. The coach of EHC Biel said he would at least start the season in the NLA with the senior team. I predict he's a guy who will have a popular thread here this time next year.

Nico Gross is an intriguing prospect too, it'll be interesting to see how he does in the OHL.

We should respect the austrian fanbase and its most promising talent in a long time, and not derail the thread further into a discussion about swiss talents and general swiss junior development.

That said. Im definitely looking forward to the race between Rossi and Rochette for a higher draft position in 2020.

My last words on swiss prospects unrelated to Rossi in here:
after having watched the U17 tournament of Monthey last year and this years Hlinka, where Nussbaumer was the best swiss forward by far both time, I agree that the late born 00er has 1st Rounder written all over him. We definitely should open a thread about him too, and drag the discussion about him over there. I was already considering creating one right after the Hlinka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad