C Marco Rossi - Ottawa 67’s, OHL (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Can us someone tell more about his kid? He is only 13, but he was member of last Austria U17 team. And he scored goal to Slovak net in last Red Bull Hockey U16 Rookies Cup.

Last season he played 9 games in U17 Austria league (4+6).

Is he the new "Thomas Vanek"?

Puck1967

Aug 25, 2015
Germany

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss
marco_rossi2015.jpg

so nr 26....
done and good enough for nhl...

he is not big enough? St louis ...nr? 26
he is from Austria and hasn't enough reputation? Thomas Vanek...nr? 26
:D:D

What coincidences..

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
So any idea will he play top novizen or elite novizen this year? How big is the gap between the leagues?

Puck1967

Aug 25, 2015
Germany
So any idea will he play top novizen or elite novizen this year? How big is the gap between the leagues?

The difference in the Elite are the top 4 teams.
The last 4 Teams Elite is about the strength of the Novizen Top 4 top.
Novizen Top Küsnacht had in recent years with the best 4 teams!
Compared Nico Hischier played at the same age in the Novizen Top and helped in a lot in the development.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Some bust the Oilers drafted. Don't think he even plays any more......
Lool, nice

He's up to 5'7" now, and 14 years old so still growing, his dad topped out just over 5'10" though so he's not going to be Blake Wheeler size...scored his first goal (1 goals in 2 games) in the Elite Novizen, which is the top tier U17. Austria has a whole feeder system through the Swiss leagues...

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Lool, nice

He's up to 5'7" now, and 14 years old so still growing, his dad topped out just over 5'10" though so he's not going to be Blake Wheeler size...scored his first goal (1 goals in 2 games) in the Elite Novizen, which is the top tier U17. Austria has a whole feeder system through the Swiss leagues...
Wonder what development path he'll choose. If I remember correctly, Vanek came over at around 13 or 14 to play on travel teams. Don't want to bash smaller countries leagues, but I really hope for top talent to come to the CHL via import draft or move to Sweden like Kopitar did. Still a bit away from that considering even if he was a national his OHL class isn't til next year.

Even though we've seen what an elite prospect can do in the Swiss league this year, I also want Nico Hischier to come over, preferably the O or the W, but seems Halifax has their eyes on him.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Wonder what development path he'll choose. If I remember correctly, Vanek came over at around 13 or 14 to play on travel teams. Don't want to bash smaller countries leagues, but I really hope for top talent to come to the CHL via import draft or move to Sweden like Kopitar did. Still a bit away from that considering even if he was a national his OHL class isn't til next year.

Even though we've seen what an elite prospect can do in the Swiss league this year, I also want Nico Hischier to come over, preferably the O or the W, but seems Halifax has their eyes on him.
That's generally the plan, though since the partnership has only been in place a few years and in a few clubs the generation above him is kinda the pilot so there's still some uncertainty as to what he will choose to do. The dream of every Austrian kid in general though is to come to the states, Dominic Zwerger has probably been the most successful Austrian to come from the Swiss system.

Puck1967

Aug 25, 2015
Germany
Marco Rossi is the top scorer in Switzerland Novizen Elite U17!
15 Games 16 Goals 11 Assist!
With 16 goals, he scored the most goals in the league!

Booster*

Jan 10, 2016
Marco Rossi is the top scorer in Switzerland Novizen Elite U17!
15 Games 16 Goals 11 Assist!
With 16 goals, he scored the most goals in the league!

That must be good, since the league has the word elite in it! :sarcasm:

Seriously, haven´t seen him play, maybe he is the real deal, would like to see him against good competition to see where he stands. Hopefully he´s good since i want the hockey-world to grow, i cheer automatically for all non-top nation players coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad