C/LW Lias Andersson (2017, 7th, NYR, traded to LAK)

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
I wouldn't like it if he sucked, but him throwing away his medal while also being Sweden's best forward in this tournament makes me like him even more. He wants to win more than other players and is more pissed when he doesn't. I'd want him on my team.

In Peter Forsberg's last game before heading to the NHL, losing the SHL finals, he smashed his stick in two and told a tv-reporter he wanted to knock out the ref.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
In his first interview after being drafted, he talked about winning the Stanley Cup, not winning the Hart or being a first line forward or anything like that.

This guy is a winner. I suspect many of the players with the winners medal will end up having lesser hockey careers, so he should get the last laugh. If his teammates and his coach don't hold up their end of the bargain in a one off match, thats not anything anything he can control.

And LMAO at the claims that he's immature and needs to show respect. He's in the 1% of all hockey players his age in the world, how about we let him make his own decisions that got him to where he is? He's doing plenty well for himself, and always earns high marks for his intangibles.

Reactions: NYR425 and clunk

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He was giving it to the fans. Man of the people.

In all seriousness maybe he shouldn’t have tossed it but he wanted the gold and 2nd place means nothing to him. I’d take that kind of attitude all day in a player.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Sure he has a drive to win but he could still show some sportsmanship. Getting 2nd place in a tournament that represents the best hockey nations is by far one of the hardest feets to accomplish. To throw away a symbol of your hard work isn't right.
He tossed it to a fan, and he got it back anyway :dunno:

caslava

Dec 1, 2017
Slovakia
Loved the fact that he threw the medal. My fav wjc moment is when kamenev lost his mind in last 2 mins against finland in gold medal game. This comes close. Plus it looked good on the guy he threw it too

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
What he did at the end was the best thing I saw from him in this tournament, and he played pretty well. That drive to win should serve him very well. I want that player on my team, and he will be next season.
When I saw this at first I’m like nooo Lias what are you doing but I love it now. Apparently the reasoning behind it was that he doesn’t like loser trophies and I understand. Hockey fans are so quick to shit on a player once they break character and stop acting like a f***ing robot. Can’t wait until he’s on our team, kids a true leader who only will settle for gold and the Rangers need that badly. No one on our team really has heart and plays with the intensity and motor Lias does aside from Fast, Kreider, and Zucc. Future captain of the Rangers no doubt. I wouldn’t trade Lias for pretty much anyone picked after him except MAYBE Mittelstadt who I originally wanted at #7. Lias is a beast and was the backbone of Sweden who did every little thing right and knew where to be

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Felt bad for Andersson watching that and I'm glad he got the medal back. Totally understand the emotional reaction, I might have done the same thing at that age.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Love it even more that he cried and was showing how he truly felt. He has such a passion for the game and to win I’m in love

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I despise the Rangers, but damn, Lias Andersson is going to be a hell of a player. Guys who hate losing more than they like winning end up being great players. Some might not like what he did, but what he did was what I expect to see someone do when they came in second place. There's his motivation for the rest of his career.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Glad he got the medal back, definitely a questionable thing to do but i love it. It didnt hurt anyone and it shows how much he wants to win. No point in judging the guys character during probably his most heartbreaking loss hes teenage life has experienced so far

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
This really isn’t a big deal. This doesn’t show he’s a winner even remotely lol. He got mad and did something stupid, we all do it.

Saying he’s gonna be good bc he threw a medal is just next level.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad