C/LW Lias Andersson (2017, 7th, NYR, traded to LAK)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Seem like a lot of goals coming from in close. I know that's a very broad thing and a lot of players score that way.

I think he can score all over. He also has a good shot. Scoring goals is not a problem with this guy. To reach his potential, he'll need to improve the burst in his skating, and improve his passing.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I watch this guy and I keep thinking Bo Horvat

I think I get the Horvat comparison too. Very underwhelming skating in juniors but he really improved that aspect to be one of the faster skaters in the league. He just needs Bo's skating coach

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
After starting slow with 2 points in 8 games, he now has 9 points in 10 games since then.

I think it's safe to say that the traveling caused his poor performance. He needed time to adjust

Reactions: Zombotron

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Would like to see more 5v5 production, but it seems like he's getting into a groove recently, which is great after the summer he had.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Chris Drury - leadership attitude and all

Drury even shook his hand up on stage on draft day

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
After starting slow with 2 points in 8 games, he now has 9 points in 10 games since then.

I think it's safe to say that the traveling caused his poor performance. He needed time to adjust

He was bumped to the 1st PP unit to replace injured players, that's the only reason for his increase in scoring. You still don't notice him at even strength.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He was bumped to the 1st PP unit to replace injured players, that's the only reason for his increase in scoring. You still don't notice him at even strength.

I think thats the player he is though, you aren't going to really notice him all that much.

He does all the little things well, will put in his defensive shift, be hard to play against, take the key face-offs, work hard to carve out space for teammates, and he'll score his points in front of the net, and on wrist shots. It should all add up to a middle 6 NHL'er, I'm hoping a 2C, but I do think there's a chance he doesn't become a 2C because of the lack of offensive creation by himself, and only will be a 3C. Will he be able to put up enough points without creating much of anything offensively? Thats the main question about his game, in my opinion. Thats if he doesn't improve his skating and passing, he's only 19, he could definitely improve both .

cc

Feb 28, 2002

he was high on my draft list so it's good to see that he's doing well now. I thought it a little strange that he had such a slow start considering how well he produced last season.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Slow Start but is pouring it on lately.

6 points in his last 7 games.

Thats why it was way too early to evaluate him... Wasnt he coming off an injury or was it just travel? People on HF seem to forget guys are human, play hurt or have other personal factors that affect them and limit their ability to play to their top potential. The sens board after the playoffs about Mark Stone was hilarious, saying he is no good this and that it continued all summer. He was clearly playing very injured.

Anyways love his two way game and think he is gonna be a player. That assist showing his strength, skill and tenacity down low is exactly the type of player you win with in the NHL.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
He is having a very good season so far tbh
I'm no rangers fan but he's a prospect that I'm following just because I liked him as a draft pick and I like this style of player.
If it wasn't for the crazy travel schedule and coming onto a new team, there might have been more buzz about him by now.

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Thats why it was way too early to evaluate him... Wasnt he coming off an injury or was it just travel? People on HF seem to forget guys are human, play hurt or have other personal factors that affect them and limit their ability to play to their top potential. The sens board after the playoffs about Mark Stone was hilarious, saying he is no good this and that it continued all summer. He was clearly playing very injured.

Anyways love his two way game and think he is gonna be a player. That assist showing his strength, skill and tenacity down low is exactly the type of player you win with in the NHL.
Early on, he said that all the traveling over the summer kind of wore on him.

Now that he's in a regular schedule, he can get proper rest/training/etc. and he's seemingly found himself in a groove. Hope he keeps it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad