C/LW Lias Andersson (2017, 7th, NYR, traded to LAK)

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
Great pick NYR, you guys deserve a top-6 potential C. I respect the fact that you guys are in playoff contention year in and out and albeit, a lot of fans disagree, I respect that fact that your organization goes all in most years and sells off draft picks. (Let's be honest there is like a ~25% or less they'll become NHLers)

I've only seen the summer tourny but so far he looks awesome! Hopefully you see him in the bigs this year or next.

Here is hoping he turns into a great 2-way #2C. Zibby as a 1C.. hopefully.

Last edited:

Campus

Dec 15, 2016
Where do people think he'll slot in for Frolunda? 2C? 3C? PP/PK?

Probably 1C/2C with Victor Olofsson and Max Friberg on the wings. First PP is pretty stacked, but would lead the second PP unit. I would keep him off the PK just to keep him fresh.

Last edited:

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
One of the NYR writers said he plans to stay in New York this season and that he brought his Playstation on the trip over.

Reactions: derriko

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Slow start for him, no points in 3 games and only 2 SOG. Barely noticed him yesterday although the same can be said for most of the Frölunda forwards.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Interesting how quickly he was given up on in NYR camp. I thought he deserved a little bit more of a chance than what he got, though I didn’t watch much NYR pre season. Looks like he’s holding his own well in the SHL.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Interesting how quickly he was given up on in NYR camp. I thought he deserved a little bit more of a chance than what he got, though I didn’t watch much NYR pre season. Looks like he’s holding his own well in the SHL.
Yep, he had to play mostly bottom six and a defensive role while Chytil got top 6 mins and PP time. He deserved more of a chance but it'd be better for his development if he went back to Sweden

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Disappointing start for him. Thought he would turn it around after his 2G game but he's been invisible since.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Remember when he was suppose to be the steal of the draft and make the NYR line-up out of training camp?

Reactions: lawrence

Peeps

May 24, 2017
I think he's doing very well considering the fact that he was in NYC all summer trying to make the team. Then stayed until the very end and had to come back to SHL and play right away.

Also he's not playing top minutes and top PP.

I think he's aiming to lead the u20 and be better as the season goes. Also remember that he's more of a 2-way center than a offensive dynamo.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Remember when he was suppose to be the steal of the draft and make the NYR line-up out of training camp?
Except that no one said that he was the steal of the draft. That he would perhaps live up to his draft position is what I recall. And most said that they wanted him to spend at least another season in Sweden even if Rangers management seemed to be very open to an NHL start. Nice strawman attempt though.

Reactions: Tips Fedorov

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Huh? The only way that comment makes sense is if you are referring to Chytil during training camp. I don't think anyone was calling him the steal of the draft, let alone enough to ridicule it as a commonly held opinion.

Reactions: Tips Fedorov

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I'd say 4 in 10 is an OK start for Lias, he seems to be getting better lately too. Remember that he traveled like crazy all summer and came back to Sweden late, anything over 0.5 PPG on the season in SHL is ok/fine maybe even good. I hope he can turn it up and atleast go close to 0.75 PPG though.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'd say 4 in 10 is an OK start for Lias, he seems to be getting better lately too. Remember that he traveled like crazy all summer and came back to Sweden late, anything over 0.5 PPG on the season in SHL is ok/fine maybe even good. I hope he can turn it up and atleast go close to 0.75 PPG though.

Posted this in HFNYR:

Expectations are high, and I understand. But they need to look at the context. And aside from playing in a pro hockey league, he also struggled because of, and I cannot say this enough, the brutal travel schedule.

I am 33, and have been traveling for 3 months, across 3 continents, and to 11 different countries. I am more used to traveling than 18-year old Lias Andersson. And I struggle to even do the casual things because of the jetlag and just sitting on a place for 3 hours.

He has to train, play games, against grown men, who are physically stronger. And has traveled more than those players with the draft, the SS, the CHL, Traverse, pre-season, and then back for the SHL.

His travel schedule since June: Sweden -> USA -> Sweden -> USA -> Sweden -> Austria -> Switzerland -> Sweden -> France -> Sweden -> Czech Republic -> Sweden

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Posted this in HFNYR:

Expectations are high, and I understand. But they need to look at the context. And aside from playing in a pro hockey league, he also struggled because of, and I cannot say this enough, the brutal travel schedule.

I am 33, and have been traveling for 3 months, across 3 continents, and to 11 different countries. I am more used to traveling than 18-year old Lias Andersson. And I struggle to even do the casual things because of the jetlag and just sitting on a place for 3 hours.

He has to train, play games, against grown men, who are physically stronger. And has traveled more than those players with the draft, the SS, the CHL, Traverse, pre-season, and then back for the SHL.

His travel schedule since June: Sweden -> USA -> Sweden -> USA -> Sweden -> Austria -> Switzerland -> Sweden -> France -> Sweden -> Czech Republic -> Sweden
Most of those flights are like 1-2 hours. Your average NHL team travels way more than that in a 5 month span

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Most of those flights are like 1-2 hours. Your average NHL team travels way more than that in a 5 month span

That's not the point. The point is that he is making those trips while most of the opposition he plays, doesn't. Not every Swedish team plays in the CHL. That will affect you, especially at a young age.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
If (he and) Frölunda keeps playing like they did yesterday, pts won't exactly stack up. The entire team is very lifeless. Important home game and they created like 4 scoring chances over 60 minutes, of which 3 was shots from the blue line with people jamming away at a rebound.

With that said, is he setting the world on fire? Definitely not. He had an awesome WJSS, but then tackled off a bit. Takes short shifts and its obvious that he has played a ridiculous amount of hockey games the last 18 months. OTOH, even if he will play a lot this season too in the SHL and the WJCs, he should be able to right the ship over the course of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad