C Jaret Anderson-Dolan (2017, 41st, LAK)

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Anderson-Dolan debuted yesterday and he was as good as can be for a player debuting. He got a hat-trick. He's 16 years old, just turned 16 years old 15 days ago so he's going to be a young player for the 2017 NHL Draft. I think Anderson-Dolan is going to be a really good player, he has a ton of talent and played well at the Canada Winter Games.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Very happy with him so far. He played 5 games with the Chiefs last year and struggled but he put in a lot of work over the summer and is looking like a whole different player. Too early to say much yet but I really like what I've seen through the pre-season and the game last night. If he and Kailer can manage to find some chemistry then I'd be even happier.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Had a good start to the year. Scored on the pp and was solid in all 3 zones. I'm not sure if he's good enough to be a 1st rounder but definitely a top 90 guy.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Looks like solid 3d centre on the professional level. Where can I find his face off stats? Seems like very solid FO player

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I am on the verge of saying I like Dolan more than Yamamoto. Not quite there yet, but close.

He does everything well.

He reminds me of Pavelski in a lot of ways.

Really, really intrigued to see how he does after Christmas.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
With whom he usually plays in a link?

X-JAD-Kailer Yamamoto lately. The X depends but a mix of Woods/Keanu Yamamoto/McIndoe. The Chiefs have had a lot of roster changes this year so there aren't really set lines anymore. JAD started out the season on the 2nd line between Keanu and someone I don't remember(Ostir maybe ?). After the Chiefs went into selling/rebuild mode he moved to the 1st line and he's done a great job there.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
One of my favourite prospects this year and only 3 days from '18 eligibility....

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Youngest player in this years draft if im not wrong, he's had a fantastic season. Late 1st to midd 2nd range? Can see someone going off the board and picking him earlier than that to be honest.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Just got ranked 21st by Central Scouting for NA skaters. I am surprised there is not more talk about him. Is a phenomenal skater and while being the youngest player in his class, still came in 31st in the WHL in scoring, while only turning 18 3 months after the draft. Would not be surprised to see a team trade up to get him, or him be a dark horse to go top 15

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Didn't realize there was a thread about him. I like his game a lot actually. I think he loses a bit of love because of the focus on Yamamoto and a poor season for the Chiefs in general but the kid can play.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Didn't realize there was a thread about him. I like his game a lot actually. I think he loses a bit of love because of the focus on Yamamoto and a poor season for the Chiefs in general but the kid can play.

I think he's benefitted from playing with Yamamoto, they have great chemistry and Anderson-Dolan got a lot of exposure playing alongside him. Also helping: he's a full year younger than Kailer and outplayed him in more than a few games this season .

He reminds me of Pavelski in ways, obviously not in terms of skating, but overall impact. Personally my favourite forward out of the WHL this year, I would be thrilled to land him anywhere beyond the 12 slot

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I'm saying it now before it becomes the popular opinion... this kid will go top 15.

He reminds me of Pavelski in ways, obviously not in terms of skating, but overall impact. Personally my favourite forward out of the WHL this year, I would be thrilled to land him anywhere beyond the 12 slot
I agree with you guys. I think he's a bit underrated, but he's been a top player since he was young like a Sam Steel. Might not have the best production or the intriguing size, but he checks all the boxes for an offensive player. Carried Team Alberta at the Canada Winter Games as well.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
I think he's benefitted from playing with Yamamoto, they have great chemistry and Anderson-Dolan got a lot of exposure playing alongside him. Also helping: he's a full year younger than Kailer and outplayed him in more than a few games this season .

I agree on the, on ice benefit of playing with Yamamoto.
And maybe i've had unfortunate luck but almost every time i hear scouts and other prospect analyst types mention Anderson-Dolan its during discussion of Yamamoto. It's mostly NHL on Sirius(recognize a name or two from HF many years ago btw) that i find in-depth prospect analysis and they're generally thorough about covering the would be 1st rounders.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Great article. Nothing can surprise me about JAD's character.

He certainly didn't get the u18s bump, and he got **** on for his 0 points, but I still think he's a real player and have always been a fan. I actually thought the first couple games he was one of Canada's better players, and probably deserved a few points. I think he's ideally more a complimentary, off-puck, quick strike type, and his fit with two other complimentary off-puck players was odd. Just wasn't playing his game, because he's a shooter and wasn't shooting. Game slipped as the tourney went on, as did the team's, and I imagine it got to him a bit wearing the 'C' too. Probably will just make him more determined, if that's even possible. Likely he's a 2nd rounder now, but he'll be a real solid one. Seen him enough to not let a few iffy games on an iffy team color my perception and still have him at the tail end of my personal top 30.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Didn't know much about him prior to the Kings drafting him, but I really like what was said in this thread and some of my other readings!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad