C Jack Hughes - USNTDP (2019 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Michigan may run out of actual scholarships per NCAA rules, but they will never run out of money. That athletic program has very deep pockets.
Meant in the sense in allocated scholarship money they are allowed to spend. Each team gets 18 full scholarships that they are free to allocate how they want (for example, 18 full rides or 27 2/3rd scholarships). I heard when Samuelsson decommitted that they were having difficulties trying to free up a full ride scholarship incase they want Jack Hughes. So, I would be surprised if they have the scholarship dollars left to give both Wahlstrom and Hughes a free ride.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
He's so good, he's not McDavid level but he's in that Matthews/Eichel/Dahlin group of elite talent.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
He's so good, he's not McDavid level but he's in that Matthews/Eichel/Dahlin group of elite talent.
I think he's in a tier with Dahlin behind Mcdavid for me it's:

Mcdavid

Hughes
Dahlin

Matthews
Eichel

Reactions: ThomasG

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
I think he's in a tier with Dahlin behind Mcdavid for me it's:

Mcdavid

Hughes
Dahlin

Matthews
Eichel

Ranking prospects above already established NHL-players? Also, Laine should be higher than Eichel...

Reactions: kevrondl

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
Ranking prospects above already established NHL-players? Also, Laine should be higher than Eichel...

Yeah just like i would put Hughes above Keller and Keller is established right?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think he's a Patrick Kane, maybe less talented shooter but uses his passing more. I'm not sure he's quite in the Matthews/Eichel tier, just because they are the absolute proto-typical centers you dream of building around. I would not be surprised if Hughes is shuttered off to the wing due to size and play-style, although we have seen a smaller center break through recently in Point (although, I'm not sure Hughes has that defensive commitment).

If you think he's a legit NHL center, then he belongs in the Matthews/Eichel tier, if you think he's a winger it is more debatable based on the positional discount, unless you already have franchise centers.

I'm hearing he's staying at the program.

It will be interesting to see if any of the clear centers in this upcoming draft can make a challenge, although, Hughes is by far the heavy favorite, but if you want a franchise center, Turcotte may be the guy.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I think he's a Patrick Kane, maybe less talented shooter but uses his passing more. I'm not sure he's quite in the Matthews/Eichel tier, just because they are the absolute proto-typical centers you dream of building around. I would not be surprised if Hughes is shuttered off to the wing due to size and play-style, although we have seen a smaller center break through recently in Point (although, I'm not sure Hughes has that defensive commitment).

If you think he's a legit NHL center, then he belongs in the Matthews/Eichel tier, if you think he's a winger it is more debatable based on the positional discount, unless you already have franchise centers.

I'm hearing he's staying at the program.

It will be interesting to see if any of the clear centers in this upcoming draft can make a challenge, although, Hughes is by far the heavy favorite, but if you want a franchise center, Turcotte may be the guy.

He might be below them but not by a significant amount. He looks like a centre version of Johnny Gaudreau to me, silky smooth but not a crazy stick handler like Kane.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Can you share where you are hearing that? Being selfish, I hope you are correct, as I would love to watch him play here for another season.
Can't divulge were, but reliable people (so, people can either take my word for it or not). Things can rapidly change, so I wouldn't take it as confirmation. But, I would expect him back at this point.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I think he's a Patrick Kane, maybe less talented shooter but uses his passing more. I'm not sure he's quite in the Matthews/Eichel tier, just because they are the absolute proto-typical centers you dream of building around.

I know HfBoards circle####s to certain stats and positions at a time; but I'm not convinced Eichel is on a tier above Kane yet.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I know HfBoards circle####s to certain stats and positions at a time; but I'm not convinced Eichel is on a tier above Kane yet.
As prospects Eichel was viewed as ahead by a good margin. People forget how much flack Kane got for being undersized, and playing for Dale Hunter, who just had Schremp and Dave Bolland put up crazy numbers. Plus playing on a line with Gagner who people overestimated.

Center is still the most important position in the game outside of goalies in regards to results. They tend to drive possession and dictate play at 5v5 more than anyone else. That is a key fact that can't be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->