C Jack Drury - Vaxjo, SHL (2018, 42nd, CAR)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Big fan of him. I think the Bruins have their eye on him. I think he has the talent to be worthy of a mid to lower 1st round pick.

Reactions: nexttothemoon

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
NHL teams will probably like this kid it sounds like...

"I've said this to many people, NHL scouts included: 'It would be hard to find a guy that has as much inherent true character as he does,'" O'Handley said.
If he remains on the trajectory he's on, he'll get a chance to play in the NHL, according to O'Handley. He already acts like a pro even though he's 17 years old, O'Handley added.

"I've had a lot of good players here," O'Handley said. "I don't know that I've had anybody as determined as him every single day, which is a hard thing to do in a seven-month season."
Winnetka's Jack Drury on track to follow in his family's NHL path
“I got the call from him during the draft, and I told him, ‘Coach, taking me is the best decision you could’ve made because I’m going to outwork anyone you’ve ever taken,’” Drury recalled.

What has stuck with O’Handley about that first conversation he had with Drury is 20 months after it, the 17-year old from Winnetka, Ill., has lived up to his word.
“He told me he’d be the hardest working guy we’ve ever had and that has been true,” O’Handley said. “We have had a lot of strong character guys here. We have had a lot of guys who have worked extremely hard, and I say this will all the respect in the world to the many great players who have come through this program, I’m not sure that I’ve had a guy like this one.”

USHL hockey: Drury creating his own path to NHL

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Not a lot of talk on this kid. Does he project as a 3rd liner or 2nd liner? How’s his skating? Will it hold him back at the NHL level?

By all accounts he is a high IQ character kid, but haven’t seen many lists with him on it.

Hoping he’s still around and on the Jets radar when they pick in the 2nd round.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Not a lot of talk on this kid. Does he project as a 3rd liner or 2nd liner? How’s his skating? Will it hold him back at the NHL level?

By all accounts he is a high IQ character kid, but haven’t seen many lists with him on it.

Hoping he’s still around and on the Jets radar when they pick in the 2nd round.
I have him in the second round and I don’t see top 6 upside but his offense has really come along. He can be an excellent bottom 6er and I’m 99% sure he’ll be an NHLer with his work ethic and IQ

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
this kid is turning into a monster!!

what a way to end the season...all scouts really circling him now as he simply hasn't slowed down this year at all..since March 1st - 12 points in 8 games - 6 goals 6 assists - kid is good and Harvard is landing another stud - Drury and Wahlstrom heck of a combo

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
The Hockey News Draft Preview issue has him rated #48 - the highest I've seen compared to others rankings.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
pretty confident he goes in the 2nd round..competes his ass off, goes into the dirty areas..may not buzz around out there like others, but he gets the job done..

Really hoping he gets picked by the Jets. He'll have to last for pretty much most of the 2nd round though.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Don't think he'll get past the Rangers' two picks at the end of the 1st.

His uncle Chris is their assistant GM. Have to think he'd be very interested in selecting his nephew.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Can't say I am an expert on Jack, but I am surprised this guy is rated so low just basing it off of stats and scouting reports. Being a over a point per game and the leading scorer for his team is rather impressive in the USHL for an 18 year old

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
First? Do you mean our second round picks?

That would not be a good pick in the first round.

Based on what exactly?

His USHL production as a 17YR old is in the same range as guys like Gaudreau, Boeser, Okposo and Schmaltz. It's higher than former 1sts like Tolvanen, Girgensens, Leblanc and Bowers.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Based on what exactly?

His USHL production as a 17YR old is in the same range as guys like Gaudreau, Boeser, Okposo and Schmaltz. It's higher than former 1sts like Tolvanen, Girgensens, Leblanc and Bowers.

Not a big skill player.

If he's so good, why don't you advocate your team taking him in the first round?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->