C Isac Lundestrom - Lulea HF, SHL (2018, 23rd, ANA)

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
Isac scored his first goal of the season today, a lucky bounce on his skate but he has played really well lately so it was just a matter of time before he'd score. :thumbu:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
6p in 12 games, pretty good. Already at the same pointtotal as last year in shl.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
Another assist for Isac tonight, on the GWG in overtime. Which also meant that he broke his old point record in SHL, in just 13 games (7 points). The start of his season has been very impressive.

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
He's gonna get drafted in top 10.
He very well could be, although a better draft this year i think that Lundeström is a better prospect than Lias Andersson. Think there's a lot more offensive potential in Isac that Lias just doesn't have.
He's still at ~13 for me.

Another assist for Isac tonight, on the GWG in overtime. Which also meant that he broke his old point record in SHL, in just 13 games (7 points). The start of his season has been very impressive.
Yep, and i actually thought he started a bit slow at the very first few games of the year. He's been very impressive.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He very well could be, although a better draft this year i think that Lundeström is a better prospect than Lias Andersson. Think there's a lot more offensive potential in Isac that Lias just doesn't have.
He's still at ~13 for me.

Neither of them will become big time scorers but I definitely like Andersson's upside more. Lundeström is more of a 2nd rounder in my mind.

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
Neither of them will become big time scorers but I definitely like Andersson's upside more. Lundeström is more of a 2nd rounder in my mind.
I agree with that both won't be big time scorers but it would have to take a huge decline in play for Isac to be a 2nd rounder at this point. He's been amazing for Luleå, even though Luleå is bad.
But hey, agree to disagree.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
His PPG isn’t too far off what Lias Anderson did in his draft year (.41 PPG vs .45 PPG)

Think he will go in the 1st round?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Kids getting snoozed on. He has great wheels and an incredible hockey i.q.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I don't think he's a top 20 player, not skilled enough. Low shot generation and his rate stats in general are kinda bad (in comparison to his draft ranking)

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Late birthday
Last year 45 games 3 goals
This year 38 games 6 goals
Hlinka 5 games 0 goals
WJC u18 7 games 1 goal
WJC u20 7 games 2 goals

Sorry about your luck

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Floor - Carl Hagelin
Ceiling - Mikael Backlund

Does that seem fair?
Maybe a little higher ceiling. He has a lot of traits in him that could translate to the nhl level nicely. Wouldn't go as far to say backstrom, but maybe a little better of a player than Nylander is right now is the ceiling. Maybe even a lower floor, although I'm pretty confident this kid will be a long-time nhler.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Maybe a little higher ceiling. He has a lot of traits in him that could translate to the nhl level nicely. Wouldn't go as far to say backstrom, but maybe a little better of a player than Nylander is right now is the ceiling. Maybe even a lower floor, although I'm pretty confident this kid will be a long-time nhler.

I cannot imagine that happening. Nylander and Bäckström were way, way more skilled than Lundeström at the same age. Lundeström reminds me a lot of Jacob Josefson, I think he will end up as something similar.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Very polarizing prospect. I think everybody agrees on the high floor relative to a checking line NHL player being a high floor for all but the highest first round picks but after that there’s a huge gap in projecting his upside.

Very curious to see where he goes and if NHL scouts are having the same arguments or if there’s pretty much a consensus on the type of player he can be. Seems more SHL fans than not think he’s a low-ceiling player a bit lacking in real high end skill but even then there’s some disagreement.

Lol Frk literally posting the same thing right as I did :)

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I cannot imagine that happening. Nylander and Bäckström were way, way more skilled than Lundeström at the same age. Lundeström reminds me a lot of Jacob Josefson, I think he will end up as something similar.
I'm saying its his ceiling, not what he's guaranteed to be. The best he can possibly be is a player a little better than nylander is right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->