C German Rubtsov (2016, 22nd, PHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Isn't even a PPG player as almost 20 year old in the CHL. Nice progress he's made.

I did expect, he wouldn't do very well in NA, but I didn't expect anything like this.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Isn't even a PPG player as almost 20 year old in the CHL. Nice progress he's made.

I did expect, he wouldn't do very well in NA, but I didn't expect anything like this.

He wasn't doing well in Russia. Remember?

His career in N.A. has been hampered by injuries. Keep that agenda rolling though.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
i thought he was supposed to be exceptionally good
Russian Bergetoews? :)
I watched some of his highlight videos and u-18 mhl games and besides his very good two-way play guy has silky hands and pretty much pro frame.
And he's really fast and strong on his skates as well. Very impressed. He's true leader and has the greatest impact on his team.
It's interesting how much russian factor will affect his draft stock. I think he has potential to be the biggest steal of the upcoming draft at the end of the day.
or was it a hype train gone off the rails?

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
He wasn't doing well in the KHL, not MHL. I mean, he could suck in the youth league in Russia, why even bother to come to NA for this?

He had 15 points in 15 games in MHL...then came over and had 22 points in 16 games in the Q. Or does that not count because it goes against your agenda?

Since then he's had a series of unfortunate injuries that clearly hasn't helped his development.

Hows Svechnikov and Sokolov doing in Barrie? Oh right, you guys pick and choose players that don't develop well and selectively ignore the ones that do.

Reactions: whitstifier

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He had 15 points in 15 games in MHL...then came over and had 22 points in 16 games in the Q. Or does that not count because it goes against your agenda?

Since then he's had a series of unfortunate injuries that clearly hasn't helped his development.

Hows Svechnikov and Sokolov doing in Barrie? Oh right, you guys pick and choose players that don't develop well and selectively ignore the ones that do.

It doesn't count not because my agenda, but because he's under PPG right now, when he's 20 in just a few months.

Svechnikov is a player of the different talent level. And Sokolov, while doing better, than Rubtsov, isn't that great. Abramov is your typical CHL supestar, but will it transfer to the NHL? We shall see.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
It doesn't count not because my agenda, but because he's under PPG right now, when he's 20 in just a few months.

Svechnikov is a player of the different talent level. And Sokolov, while doing better, than Rubtsov, isn't that great. Abramov is your typical CHL supestar, but will it transfer to the NHL? We shall see.

But don't you think having all these injuries has hampered Rubtsovs development? It seems like he just starts getting rolling and he gets hurt again. I don't think it matters if you're playing in Russia, Canada or China, if you're injured you're injured.

Reactions: Acadien86

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
But don't you think having all these injuries has hampered Rubtsovs development? It seems like he just starts getting rolling and he gets hurt again. I don't think it matters if you're playing in Russia, Canada or China, if you're injured you're injured.

You can say this about Khovanov, who's still 17, wasn't training like at all for 3 months because of being sick and still have the same PPG as Rubtsov. About Rubtsov? Not so much.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
You can say this about Khovanov, who's still 17, wasn't training like at all for 3 months because of being sick and still have the same PPG as Rubtsov. About Rubtsov? Not so much.

Seems to me that Khovanov is more of an offensive oriented forward. Rubstov is a strong offensive-defensive forward. These guys don't need to fill the net to be effective. This is the reason why guys like Toews and Bergeron are considered top players in the league without being top scorers. I also believe that Khovanov is the more talented player and would be drafted higher than Rubstov.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
i thought he was supposed to be exceptionally good

or was it a hype train gone off the rails?

my opinion hasn't changed about him. He still has all the tools and intangibles. He's shown the offensive production before(MHL, first Q season, WJC), it's not like it disappeared. Starting to heat up now, has a chance to be a standout in the playoffs.

junior production is not that big of a deal, his play style reflects that of a player that could take off at the next level, and be useful even if he doesn't produce a lot of points.

reminds me of Vlad Namestnikov somewhat, he's going to be a perfect fit with the flyers who encourage good two way play from the forwards supported by the future top puck moving D in the NHL, the scoring will come.

you've gotta think a series of nagging injuries+playing on 5 different teams in a year is a pretty good excuse for the lack of offensive production?

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
my opinion hasn't changed about him. He still has all the tools and intangibles. He's shown the offensive production before(MHL, first Q season, WJC), it's not like it disappeared. Starting to heat up now, has a chance to be a standout in the playoffs.

junior production is not that big of a deal, his play style reflects that of a player that could take off at the next level, and be useful even if he doesn't produce a lot of points.

reminds me of Vlad Namestnikov somewhat, he's going to be a perfect fit with the flyers who encourage good two way play from the forwards supported by the future top puck moving D in the NHL, the scoring will come.

you've gotta think a series of nagging injuries+playing on 5 different teams in a year is a pretty good excuse for the lack of offensive production?

The problem with Rubtsov is effort. He just doesn’t give it his all during games in the Q. It’s pretty obvious to anyone that has watched him play a hand full of times.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I don't understand why his post keeps getting flame bumped.

Okay, maybe he's struggling but you won't know what that means until a few years down the road. Maybe he's a total bust, maybe he's not; nobody has enough information to go on right now though.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
I didnt hear fans up there complaining about winning all the time. Did you? Of course Macleod is way ahead with his 1.1 ppg in his 4th year in the OHL.
If you're not interested in providing an answer, why respond?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
If you're not interested in providing an answer, why respond?
Whats the question?
Sub (0.91) ppg on a powerhouse on his draft +2 season. Exactly like you said.
Logic has him playing Qhl for his 3 rd and last year then AHL.
He has been Nolan Patricked and is about to get Morgan Frosted.

Reactions: NJ DevLolz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->